Quantcast

Mt. Snow Kenda fest recap

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Thank you for cleaning up my picture a bit and then slapping your name on it. That makes sitting out in the mud and rain all day taking pictures feel so worth it now.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
sounds like fun, i had no idea Brian Yannuzzi knew how to read, much less write!
Go team Sloweriders!

hey lets take our fake team rivalry to the internet, cause the intraweb is were winners fight their battles

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
People still go to that site? There is so much mis-information on that site. It looks like they just looked at a list of names and picked the top five with a dart.

Now stealing pics, pathetic. Sucks to hear that it happened to you sky, make sure to watermark all of your photos before posting so people who site in office chairs during the race can't do this.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
sorry i did not mean for that to happen... i didnt know the name of who took it... if you want i can post your name on it. pm me your name and i will get that right up.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
sorry i did not mean for that to happen... i didnt know the name of who took it... if you want i can post your name on it. pm me your name and i will get that right up.
That still doesn't help the fact that you stole and image from the internet, put your watermark on it and then posted it on your site with no photo credit.

You are still in douchebag status.

If you are wondering why this is pissing me off so much it's because I am a photographer that has had this happen to him quite a few times in the past.

Hire a photographer or have a friend go to the event and take shots for you.

OB1

Monkey
---stepping up to the soap box-----Not to stick up for anyone....but images on the internet that are not already watermarked, or signed in some way....will generally be assumed public domain. Just a good rule of thumb. If you want to post up pics that you do not expect to be public domain, make sure you do something proprietary to it. Conversely, if you want to use a pic...it's good manners to ask permission first. Lastly, don't EVER put YOUR OWN watermark on a picture without consent from the owner. ----he steps down from the soap box----

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That still doesn't help the fact that you stole an image from the internet
Sorry, but this part alone made me LOL (out of context). Sig worthy in fact.

And yes, that is my roommate's picture that he risked life and limb in adverse conditions to get. Not cool to watermark it as your own.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
---stepping up to the soap box-----Not to stick up for anyone....but images on the internet that are not already watermarked, or signed in some way....will generally be assumed public domain. Just a good rule of thumb. If you want to post up pics that you do not expect to be public domain, make sure you do something proprietary to it. Conversely, if you want to use a pic...it's good manners to ask permission first. Lastly, don't EVER put YOUR OWN watermark on a picture without consent from the owner. ----he steps down from the soap box----
That's all I really care about. I took the pics and posted them up for people to have, share around, throw on their facespaces and whatnot. Not for people to put their watermark on them and claim them as their own.

My name is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, if you could tag that picture as mine it would be great. Next time just shoot me an email or something, or buy me a beer at the mountain.

Good writeup otherwise

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
Again i say sorry... I will see if i can get the water mark removed. i dont want to piss to people off. although this is the internet and it is quite common that people get pissed off about every little thing imaginable but yes i should have asked first.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
ok i have sent the email to the domain owner to update the image with your name. hope this corrects the situation to a non hostile one. but the pictures are very good and that was of a teammate of mine.

spleen123

Chimp
Mar 18, 2009
no problem man. i owe you a labatt. haha look for Team Loweriders Derailed at the next race you go to and ill hook you up with one.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
My name is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, if you could tag that picture as mine it would be great. Next time just shoot me an email or something, or buy me a beer at the mountain.
Infinite +rep for the rest of the time that you are on RM for having put your name as photo credit!!!

For future reference and photo credit for myself, my name is James Westfall.