Quantcast

Mt Snow 2004 Year of the Cricket Pics

Apr 1, 2002
Freezin my arse off!
Day trip at Mt Snow this year. Was planing on a Sat/Sun but the Pro course was kinda lame...+ many of the World Pro riders were too busy doing somekind of World Cup race... blahhh... No Cedric..No Renne...No Peat...No Hill...No PJ on Sunday. Minnnnnar was there with the honda B1 Bomber bike...
I walked by the Honda tent and I swore I saw M.I.B. agents guarding the entrance waiting to use those memory loss sticks on ya if you got too close.
note to Honda:... It's a bike not a flying saucer.
I headed up the Sport course and took a bunch of shots of the Mini YardSale...
The best part was..... Hardly any bugs were out. :shock:
Then the expert/Pro course...muddy...off camber...mostly open slope...mostly...boring.. Stuck to the woods...
Here are a few to start while I process the rest

Brooklyn Machine Works very own DOC

Don't know who this is but he was flying like he had a rocket up hiz azz.

Sport Course:
This riders 1st race...kinda looks like Brody at the end of Jaws.

AE on the camo kick

Slip N Slide...

Back to Expert/ JR. X

"In ya face!....I'm rich beeeyaatch!"

Local Ripper Avery "The Rocket in my Pocket" Buch

Natron wishing it was trail #19

Bliss rider

Did someone order the Off Camber Mud Section Special?

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Acadian said:
Awesome pics B!! :thumb: thanks for sharing.

I totally agree about Honda..your at a frekkin' race and you get the feeling it's area 51 :dead:

I don't know about the HONDA thing. We (sic components) had the tent right next to them. It was pretty open the whole time, they had their rain flaps down a lot (clear plastic) but weren't blocking anything too much. Obviously they opened up the gearbox in their trailer but besides that everything was out in the open.

Ricky

-SIC Team Mechanic

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nice pics! i think i may be a bit more of a fan of the telephoto look ones than the pan 'n flash ones, but both kinds == :thumb:

V10 PA

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Hey Private Joker your pics are sweet!! My dad and I happened to be racing up there this weekend in the beg/sport DH class and was wondering if you had any pics of us.

Plate numbers where 820, 821,
My dad had a michelin jersey, blue helmet, riding a silver big hit
I had a black evil jersey, black helmet, riding a blue v10.

If you have any, please post them because I didnt find any photographers up there who were selling pics. Thanks

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
PJ...Nice stuff....We had a bunch of guys racing Ex in Orange Maxxis gear...mostly on Turners....my plate was 524, but forgot the others...Any luck? Also, had one old guy in 50+ Beginner and 35-39 sport dressed the same...
Thanks

Brennan

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
damn bra! i never saw you up there. That pic of avery is badass!!!! Bummer you missed out on today the course shaped up pretty well, thanks for sharing the pics!

bigbirdie

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
CT
Private Joker said:
don't see ya..but I got a ton o shots where I can't see the plate...
Describe your bike and what you're wearing
I've got to but in here. My wife can't take a picture to save her life! Do you have any of plate #585, white BB7 with a red Troylee shirt on.

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
Great pics mang! I was in the Expert 30-34 field, red Foes w/ a Shiver, #552, Racer's Edge jersey. Any chance you got a shot? Thanks.

Dave

P.S. If anyone is interested in the official "Mt. Snow" pictures like they had last year, the photograper is supposedly going to be in touch with each rider to find out if they are interested. Apparently someone different was doing the picture taking this year and that's how they wanted to do it, which is kind of cool because you'll probably be able to get it in digital as well as print.

Mar 13, 2002
Boston, MA
Agree re the honda tent...its like they are in their own little world...chain and and zippered door for an entrance to the tent? Sorry, but thats a little overboard for me, and the stricly no access post-up next to the door doesn't help them in that category much. I walked behind once to plug in an extension cord for the S.I.C. tent and they were all staring at me like I was committing a crime or something.

Anyways, the pics are insanely good as usual, if ya got any kicking around of me I'd greatly appreciate it. I was #1182, on a red/black Super (duper) 8 wearing a red/white/black NU Cycling jersey.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i had on wht.,blk.,and orange alloy mx gear. with a wht,yellow and blk helmet. i'm most likely the only one on a blk mountaincycle 9.5. have FUEL MOTORSPORTS stickers on the fork guards of my shiver.
thanks kalan

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
Private Joker said:
Minnnnnar was there with the honda B1 Bomber bike...
I walked by the Honda tent and I swore I saw M.I.B. agents guarding the entrance waiting to use those memory loss sticks on ya if you got too close.
note to Honda:... It's a bike not a flying saucer.
Great Pic's thanks for posting- Re Honda, My guess is their tranny technology is not protected yet

No Black Flys :thumb:

Chas

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
HahaHonda. Kooks with their private tent and shady camera work. I was sitting on a Mini Link at the end of the 4X finals, turn around to find five Japanese dudes along w/Minnaar staring at the bike with three of them taking pictures like the freakin' paparazzi. When they saw me looking they stopped shooting. I went up and said that the dude that designed the bike was at the event if they wanted to talk to him. Minnaar had to translate (in the same damn English I was speaking but somehow they understood his version of it. ??) They all quickly said no. "Ahh..no. No no no", laughing nervously. I smiled, said okay, turned back around and heard them go back to gawking and taking pictures.

Told a friend about this and he said the same thing happened to him as he was on his Race Link during the 4X.

Apr 1, 2002
Freezin my arse off!
chromegoddess said:
HahaHonda. Kooks with their private tent and shady camera work. I was sitting on a Mini Link at the end of the 4X finals, turn around to find five Japanese dudes along w/Minnaar staring at the bike with three of them taking pictures like the freakin' paparazzi. When they saw me looking they stopped shooting. I went up and said that the dude that designed the bike was at the event if they wanted to talk to him. Minnaar had to translate (in the same damn English I was speaking but somehow they understood his version of it. ??) They all quickly said no. "Ahh..no. No no no", laughing nervously. I smiled, said okay, turned back around and heard them go back to gawking and taking pictures.

Told a friend about this and he said the same thing happened to him as he was on his Race Link during the 4X.
If anyone knows,Doc should know the popularity of BMW in Japan...it's like a status symbol over there to own one. kinda like a BMW740IL here in the states.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Private Joker said:
If anyone knows,Doc should know the popularity of BMW in Japan...it's like a status symbol over there to own one. kinda like a BMW740IL here in the states.
Popularity is one thing, but when the HahaHonda engineers and managers are popping shots, yet adamantly disinterested in speaking to the designer...me thinks their interest lies deeper than popularity.

Sweet photos btw! No wonder Doc went so fast, he removed his torso for aerodynamics and weight reduction. ;)

V10 PA

Chimp
Mar 21, 2004
Any pics of us??
Plate numbers where 820, 821,
My dad had a michelin jersey, blue helmet, riding a silver big hit
I had a black evil jersey, black helmet, riding a blue v10.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
ViolentVolante said:
any of 1268 durring expert practice, i crashed bad early on durring the race run so you wont have any race pics of me :( severly separated shoulders hurt
Ouch... that sounds like some bad sh*t. How did you do that? When are you able to get back on the saddle?

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
RideND said:
Ouch... that sounds like some bad sh*t. How did you do that? When are you able to get back on the saddle?
it happened about 15sec out of the starting gate in the really steep section, i was just going too fast and hit a rock with the rear that i hadnt seen/hit in practices, and it sent me over the bars. I can luckily get back on the bike next weekend, and i can cruise around this weekend (no jumps/drops). Separated shoulders heal quick.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ViolentVolante said:
Separated shoulders heal quick.
Have you done this before?

My shoulder took months just to get to a point where it would not separate easily again. It tooks several years to get full motion back.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Westy said:
Have you done this before?

My shoulder took months just to get to a point where it would not separate easily again. It tooks several years to get full motion back.
im only going on what the doc at mt. snow told me, is it possible he has no idea what hes talking about