Quantcast

Mt. Baldy's Website

Sep 17, 2006
I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but on the ticket prices section of their website they have MTB lift ticket prices: $25 all day and $15 one way.

It's going to be sweet, only a couple hours away at most :happydance: I think I might have to watch out not to die of anticipation

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned this but on the ticket prices section of their website they have MTB lift ticket prices: $25 all day and $15 one way.

It's going to be sweet, only a couple hours away at most :happydance: I think I might have to watch out not to die of anticipation
Not too burst your bubble, but those prices were for fireroad access only. A few months back some guys tried to abuse that privelege by riding of the fire road and now no bike are allowed. Here's what our website also says under the snow and road condition section...
MtBaldy.com said:
Open weekends & holidays all summer
Mon October 2, 2006 11:02 PM
This summer we are working on expanding our mountain bike park by adding single-track trails and features, but they will not be open until later this Fall at the earliest. Presently, all riders are restricted to the forest service roads and are forbidden to ride on the ski runs or pioneer their own trails.
Your right about the anticipation. It's killing me.

What's up you two guys been riding lately. Cheet and Costco
yeah, ive been trying my arse off to get back out to TW, but its pretty much impossible on weekdays because of school and that its getting dark at like 5 now.

we (i) have been working on a local DH run over by my house on this hillside that has been burnt by some kids and firecrackers.
its fun, but still needs some work. all we have is three jumps, an S-turn berm section, and two drop-gap option lines. (both about 5-7 feet down by 10-20 feet out{depending on speed})

the dirt is sick too because its like 50% ash mixed with 50% DG.

Sep 17, 2006
What's up you two guys been riding lately. Cheet and Costco
If you're wondering about my screename it's not that I actually ride a costco bike now...

Before I got my bighit I used to own this costco "vertical" excuse of a mountain bike. I broke absolutely everything you can think of on the bike except for the stem and the frame, which were soon the only stock things on the bike, hence the nickname for my "factory costco dh bike." Me and Bryce took the stock suspension (a super old, blown out z1 with 4" of travel and a vanilla r) from his '97 cheeta prowler and slapped it on my bike:cool:. We ended up having to rip apart some rear travel limiting device inside one of the pivot points which kept the swingarm from moving down to accommodate a larger shock and then we put the larger 26" wheel on with the forks, to which we mounted a magura tomac hydraulic rim brake. At that point it was the sickest redneck freeride bike out there with 4" of travel in the front and somewhere around 5" in the back (I was never sure exactly how much was there but it felt around 5). I don't know how I did it, but all the way up until I destroyed the last of that bike I was jumping 20 foot doubles, 5-8 foot drops, and somehow managing to survive down gnarly chutes and rock gardens with v-brakes (some of these trails being even fairly difficult on my bighit with grimeca system 17's) :eek: I might have to see if I have any pictures of it fully modded just to share how sick that bike was...

oh my god dude, you guys would never beleive that bike.
it was THE FUNNIEST LOOKING THING EVER!!!
i couldnt beleive that he would make it down some of these trails that we did in one peice, let alone the bike.

i mean this kid is gnarl, he would bomb down the crazy lava flows at calaveras on a BMX BIKE!!! with basically no brakes! when he would get home, his wrists would be friggin swollen as hell.

damn, that posts brings back memories man (even though its been less than a year since then) weve just gone through so much progressing in such a short time that its insane.
i've only been riding since September of 2005.

oh yeah, the z1's were blown out, had a bent steerer tube and a bent crown... those things were troopers. we ended up putting them on a minibike with 16 in. rims, and it raked the H.A. out to chopper angle, but Cory still charged it out at Calaveras. you would sit down on that bike and it would flip over backwards... and people say that a Monster will f- up geometry?!?!?!