Quantcast

Moving to Santa Barbara

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
Hey guys, in about three weeks I am going to be moving down to UCSB and just had some questions about biking in the area.
I know a bit about the riding there as I have ridden Tunnel and Cold Springs, but what other trails are there? Are there any more all-mountain like trails(as in peddle up and ride down) or is it mostly just shuttle access?

Also, I am unsure of what bike to bring down there. I have a SC Nomad and a V10. I want to bring both, but I don't think my room mate will like 2 bikes stuffed in a dorm. I just don't want to give up the ability to pedal up the hill if I can't shuttle with anyone.
I will have my car with me so I can drive to better riding if need be. Also if anyone wants to ride with a new kid in town I am always down.
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks,
Ryan

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Dont worry there is plenty of "AM" options in Santa Barbara. Bring the nomad if you want more riding options, DH if yer gnar ;)

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
If you can bring only one, bring the do-all bike, like zark said, tons of AM/lite-DH that you have to pedal up. Maybe you can make friends with somoene on the bike team that'll let you store a bike at their place eventually.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
The "DH" trails there can be done competently fast on a 6" bike as well. They're basically just super rough XC descents/hiking trails.

NAYR

Monkey
Jul 13, 2009
Truckee
Thanks for the info guys. I think I am just going to bring the DH sled for the first few months that way I can still race Fontana and the likes. I shouldn't really be pedaling around anyway because I herniated my L4 disk in my back. Hopefully I'll see some of you down there sometime.