Quantcast

mountains need to be open for nite riding...

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
here i am wide awake at 4:30am and all i can think about is riding. other than the fact that mountains are a good 3 hours away from me...they really need to be open at nite...you know for us insomniacs with A.D.D. maybe line the trails with reflectors and run lights on the bikes...could be a fun time...lol dangerous but fun. haha diablo at nite...that would bring about a whole new meaning to the park's name :)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Come to Plattekill in October! Niterider makes an adapter that lets you mount a light to the jawpiece of a full-face. Man is it ever trippy to see a line of DHers coming down a mtn in the pitch black with lights.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
wow
that would be nuts.
i never really figured day light savings into the practice schedule
i think im all set with night riding plattekill

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I've been there for it but have not done it. I am pretty sure that they only allow you on 2 trails and keep the lift open long enough for 2 runs. It is strange to see the chairs disappear into the darkness only to have someone near the top flip on a Nightrider. I own 2 niteriders but was blown away by how they lit up the sky. Especially the metal haylide (sp?) lights. Its no wonder they are being marketed to MXers and other motorsports.