Quantcast

Mountain Cycle Sin

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The frame looks like the 9point5 downhill frame but is much lighter. The bike has a steep headtube and comes with 7.5" rear travel. I set up my Sin with 6.66" and a 6" fork. I already have a 9point5 for more hardcore downhilling.
Mountain Cycles are handmade in Portland, OR and have excellent warranties.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Transcend said:
aren't they made at kinesis?
Yeah, Kinesis USA owns Mountain Cycle.
My bike feels really good. I'm going to Whistler in a couple days and might take the Sin instead of my 9point5. I think my Sin is about 15 lbs lighter.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
TWISTED said:
The frame looks like the 9point5 downhill frame but is much lighter. The bike has a steep headtube and comes with 7.5" rear travel. I set up my Sin with 6.66" and a 6" fork. I already have a 9point5 for more hardcore downhilling.
Mountain Cycles are handmade in Portland, OR and have excellent warranties.
Thanks for your help. What is the HA with a six inch fork? I'd probably be running a z150 on there, and it is important to me that the HA isn't too steep. I would guess your 6.66" :thumb: mod is custom, because it doesn't look like it has adjustable travel. (sponsorship?). Did your mod change the geo at all? Lastly, how does the suspension action feel- progressive, pedalability, etc. Thanks much.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The Kadvang said:
Thanks for your help. What is the HA with a six inch fork? I'd probably be running a z150 on there, and it is important to me that the HA isn't too steep. I would guess your 6.66" :thumb: mod is custom, because it doesn't look like it has adjustable travel. (sponsorship?). Did your mod change the geo at all? Lastly, how does the suspension action feel- progressive, pedalability, etc. Thanks much.
Honestly, the HT angle may be a bit steep with a z150. I will have to check your axle to top of crown length. My fork measures 22.5". The Sin comes with a 7.875" x 2.25" shock that gives 7.5" travel, I'm running a 7.5" x 2" 5th Element that gives 6.66" (170mm). This lowers the BB and slackens the HT angle. You could get the same angles by running more sag to lower the rear end, and you'd still have 7 1/2 inches. Your 6" z150 might not be enough fork. It depends on what you're comfortable with. I'll try to measure my HT at work and get back to you.
I weighed my bike on our postal scale, 36 lbs. I think that's pretty light.
The bike pedals great! I just got back from riding it all over town. The 5th Element shock probably has a lot to do with how well it pedals. It feels as though it has more travel than it actually does when doing drops and charging through rough stuff, again this may be the Progressive shock. The rear end is extemely stiff as far as flex is concerned. Very tough bike.
I'll be using it in the Gorge Games freeride contest this sunday. I think the bike will give me an advantage over the other competitors, but probably not enough to make up for my lack of riding skills. :(