Quantcast

Mountain Bike (riding) Shots

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Here's a few shots of myself having some fun on my new Morewood Shova. I'm jonesin' to start building up my new DH rig, but its not here yet, so I've just been slashing my xc ride. I figured with all the "DHer's trailbike" threads I should post some shots of someone actually riding one. So far I've ridden everything from jumpy slalom style to pure xc to burly DH runs on this sucka. So here's me seshin' it up on my xc/trail/mini DH/whatever you wanna call it mountain bike.

Enjoy...I certainly enjoyed one of my first rides on dirt in 2010. The trails are in upstate South Carolina and my friend Jon took the pics for me. I think he did a pretty solid job for having no photography experience!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Your name should be cool runnings instead of mulestar:D

That shova is nice. Looks like the perfect Pisgah killer. You got an Izimu on the way?

It was built as a no-compromise pisgah machine. I'm loving all my gears, travel, and seatpost extension. Feels just like a slalom bike with 6 inches of travel...just what I wanted.

I have an izimu on the way-same blood red color. The shova put a hurt on my budget so a makulu wasn't possible. I really liked the kalula but I ride enough burly stuff to merit a full-on DH rig so the Izimu seemed like the simplest, most affordable, and smartest choice.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
That's funny, you don't look like a Rastafarian. Them rocks look like pinchflat central.

Down with whitey!!! JK I know the gloves look retarded but I seem to have misplaced my good pair. The pattern on the wheels gets mixed reviews...

yeah the rocks are pretty jagged...I've pinched on my DH bike out there more than once so i was rather proud of myself for keeping air in the tires today.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
How's the Revelation? Which version is that?

Its the team dual air U turn. It feels great but I think there's an issue with the Uturn. It only sits at 135mm instead of 150mm...I've been told I can get a warranty replacement so I plan on pursuing that once I have another bike built up to hold me over.

I will say however, that the revelation is ridiculously light, smooth, and adjustable. Its perfect for me, but if this bike was going to remain in "DH trim" I would rather have a lyrik.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Its the team dual air U turn. It feels great but I think there's an issue with the Uturn. It only sits at 135mm instead of 150mm...I've been told I can get a warranty replacement so I plan on pursuing that once I have another bike built up to hold me over.

I will say however, that the revelation is ridiculously light, smooth, and adjustable. Its perfect for me, but if this bike was going to remain in "DH trim" I would rather have a lyrik.
Cool. I'm sort of in the same boat as you, in that I've got my BR built up as a do it all bike, but I'm finally building up a proper DH bike. The BR has a Totem lowered to 160mm right now, which will go on the DH bike at 180mm for the time being, and the BR will be getting a 36 I have kicking around, but that's pretty clapped and will need replacing. Ideally I'll sell the Totem in a few months, and put that towards a real DH fork and something for the BR.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
A couple more from today. This time we went up to my DH track. I think I'm getting the hang of the bike and Jon is definitely getting the camera down.

Serious session...

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
dude, this is an internet bike forum, you're not supposed to post pictures of you actually riding your bike.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Hey, we can be bike cousins. Its like being weiner cousins except not as awkward!
I'm too broke to be looking at a shova with a DB. I'd like to get one of those then we'd be bike twins.

JR, are you running cane creek semi-integrated headset on yours? I'm getting some weird headset play that seems to hang around no matter how tight I get the top cap.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Arrrgghhh!!! Dry trail. You have no idea how lucky you are. :shakefist:

That's it. I'm having the wife pull shuttle this week. Luckily there's a kids park with swings at the bottom of the local trail. I see ice cream in Lake Lure in my kids futures.

Yuz guyz is welcomes to joinz me.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Arrrgghhh!!! Dry trail. You have no idea how lucky you are. :shakefist:
BONE dry yesterday...No snow once you cross the state line into SC. All the freeze-thaw fluff turned into dust with the 60+ temps over the weekend so my DH track was pretty ridiculous yesterday.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I'm too broke to be looking at a shova with a DB. I'd like to get one of those then we'd be bike twins.

JR, are you running cane creek semi-integrated headset on yours? I'm getting some weird headset play that seems to hang around no matter how tight I get the top cap.
Hey Man,
I have the 08 shova with the regular headset, and I am running a Cane Creek 110, and its been money.
I do have that headset on my Enza frame though, and I have had no problems with it. Are you sure it is not coming from any play from the fork?

As far as the DB, you can tell where I spend my money. I have a DB on my shova but I am racing in 3 year old worn out kneepads and faded shorts.;)

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington

hahah beers and bikes :thumb:
god I wish I could pull 20$s out of my ass....

a real mans trail bike is what i could use right now oh yeah..
and a good lay

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BONE dry yesterday...No snow once you cross the state line into SC. All the freeze-thaw fluff turned into dust with the 60+ temps over the weekend so my DH track was pretty ridiculous yesterday.
tell me this went down while I was at work and I'll feel slightly better. I rode Bent Creek and tried to make it to Greens Lick Saturday. This was my reward at 5 points. Hiked from this point for over 20 minutes in only 1 set of covered up footprints only to have to turn back short on time and through deadfall. :(

...and yes, I forgot to take my number plate off from last week.

Last edited: