Quantcast

Mount 7 Psychosis

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
if you've got time, check out the trail that runs down the ridge south of Mt 7...bit of a hike a bike to get to, but probably one of the most sustained steep descents I've ever ridden.
That must be sustained if if rates that high from you. Not sure how many days I will do there, it's poor timing for extended road trip being a week before the kids get out of school.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
if you've got time, check out the trail that runs down the ridge south of Mt 7...bit of a hike a bike to get to, but probably one of the most sustained steep descents I've ever ridden.
Longer than Dead Dog? Sheeesh. I was halfway down Dead Dog and praying for a catch berm or flat section just to regroup. I forget what the other steep chute on Psychosis is called but it was even more hectic but seems a bit safer because it doesn't have the exposure that the top chute has.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
Beaverhead?
yeah, looks like it's actually public on TF now but listed as "Cedar House", starts at 2300m and is about 400m higher than Dead Dog, ~1400m Descent. I mean, dead dog is still legit, and this trail isn't that steep, but the sections of steepness go for minutes. We probably rode it a day earlier than we should've for wetness, it was somewhat greasy still so the upper sections were super hard, and the exposure on the ridge was pretty serious, I don't usually get nervous with that, but I was gripped in a few places!

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yeah, looks like it's actually public on TF now but listed as "Cedar House", starts at 2300m and is about 400m higher than Dead Dog, ~1400m Descent. I mean, dead dog is still legit, and this trail isn't that steep, but the sections of steepness go for minutes. We probably rode it a day earlier than we should've for wetness, it was somewhat greasy still so the upper sections were super hard, and the exposure on the ridge was pretty serious, I don't usually get nervous with that, but I was gripped in a few places!
How'd you get to it? From the mt 7 shuttle road near the top?