Quantcast

Mounatin Creek, Diablo...WTF!

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Well i almost got heat stroke at mountain creek yesterday. The fukers are trying to squeeze every penny they can out you. $5 dollors to park, $28 for a lift ticket and they can't even provide fuking water. I was at platty last week and they had a nice little cooler at the lift with gatorade in it(water would be nice as well). How much could this possibly cost them? I have done it but prefer not to always buy a drink(for $3 bucks). I would leave one in my car but it's such a pain to go across the street just for a drink. I know "bring a camelback" but how hard is it to put a fuking jug of water in the bike building or at the lift so people don't die! :dead:

End Rant.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
:nopity: Wow...what a whiner!!!

First...the bike park is not owned or operated by mountain creek.

You expect diablo to provide free gatorade to all of its guests? They get like 300people per day...

Also, making the plattekill/diablo comparison is useless...Plattekill may provide water for its very few guests that it gets, but they certain dont build the kind of trails that diablo is building. The new trails, jumps, berms at Diablo is something that lazlo will never do....Why? because it costs money....he doesnt give a ****.....Also, the trail maintenance at plattekill is horrible. This season, diablo is clearly a step above plattekill. Plattekill may have some remarkable eroded steep chutes, but the flow and jumps at diablo is second to none.

Oh yea, next time just bring your own cooler and leave it at the lift like the rest of us. lameass.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
thespackler said:
:nopity: Wow...what a whiner!!!

First...the bike park is not owned or operated by mountain creek.

You expect diablo to provide free gatorade to all of its guests? They get like 300people per day...

Also, making the plattekill/diablo comparison is useless...Plattekill may provide water for its very few guests that it gets, but they certain dont build the kind of trails that diablo is building. The new trails, jumps, berms at Diablo is something that lazlo will never do....Why? because it costs money....he doesnt give a ****.....Also, the trail maintenance at plattekill is horrible. This season, diablo is clearly a step above plattekill. Plattekill may have some remarkable eroded steep chutes, but the flow and jumps at diablo is second to none.

Oh yea, next time just bring your own cooler and leave it at the lift like the rest of us. lameass.
Really just asking for water bro if you couldn't tell by "but how hard is it to put a fuking jug of water"
(the platty thing was an EXAMPLE, as in you misunderstood my post for example). That's it, water the tasty treat nature has provided for us for free. You are correct that I'm a "lameass" in asking for something that comes out of a sink. :think:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Lexx D said:
Well i almost got heat stroke at mountain creek yesterday. The fukers are trying to squeeze every penny they can out you. $5 dollors to park, $28 for a lift ticket and they can't even provide fuking water.
Nice rant, sorry you didn't bother to ask anyone where things are located...

There is free chilled water at the water fountains next to the bathroom entrance. You could also drink from the hose you use to clean your bike at the end of the day also :D

There is free parking lower down if you don't mind a short walk up a hill w/your bike. The parking, drinking, food, etc...do not go to Diablo's pocket - they are a separate business from them.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
I dont mind giving diablo my money...Why? Because they are actually riders that ride their own mountain and you can tell they know what they are doing....how many times do yo usee lazlo ripping down one of his trails? Also, i know that when i pay for something at Diablo its going to a good cause, not someones pocket...for example....i heard that the owner of diablo took $40k out of his own pocket to buy an excavator just so they can build all of these new jumps we are seeing. lazlo doing that?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
yup, nice cool drinking water 100' from the lift next to the bathrooms. Paying for parking sucks but that's something that the waterpark worked out with MC, nothing Diablo can do about it. Same with the food/gatorade situation. Last year if you arrived early enough you could avoid paying, but not sure if htat's the case this year.

As for the platt/mc debate, head over to hcor.net, there's people who will argue ENDLESSLY whether the proximity of MC combined with the amt of trail-work and the speed of the lift are better than platt's steepness, less expensive food and "who gives a f**k" parking policy. I kinda feel like it's all
but maybe that's just me. I'm glad to have two VERY different places to ride, and probably end up splitting my time 50/50 between the two places.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
thespackler said:
I dont mind giving diablo my money...Why? Because they are actually riders that ride their own mountain and you can tell they know what they are doing....how many times do yo usee lazlo ripping down one of his trails? Also, i know that when i pay for something at Diablo its going to a good cause, not someones pocket...for example....i heard that the owner of diablo took $40k out of his own pocket to buy an excavator just so they can build all of these new jumps we are seeing. lazlo doing that?
rumor has it that lazlo sold his truck to pay for fixing the triple chairlift, so that last weekend he had both lifts running. shorter lines, and access to all the old trails which were in pretty good shape.

also Lazlo will be racing (beginner) the rest of this year, he was going to race yesterday but the rental bike he was going to use blew its shock. also heard they're going to be getting Turner DHRs in as rental bikes, and keeping the price of the rentals at $75.

crap. now i'm
. I guess I'm just trying to say ride both, variety is good for all and competition only makes our riding better/cheaper.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
agreed, both resorts have pro's and con's and ultimately i hope it works out best for the entire region. i hear what lexxy's saying and share his frustration. (btw, nice to meet you the other week lexx...even though you attempted to make it through the w/e without saying hi until i figured out you were you early that morning. nice try, but there's no escape. mwwaahahahaha!!)

does anyone else find it hard to believe there aren't enough riders around the area to keep both resorts busy? maybe we should start a DH recruitment campaign around here? i challenge you all to a newbie a week quota.

thespackler

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
I dont think diablo has to worry...every weekend that ive been there the place has been swamped..if anyone has to worry it is probably pkill....from what i hear, on non-race weekends its a ghosttown....i think laslo needs to pay way more attention to his trails before he is going to start getting business over diablo.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
as stated before the water park etc controls parking, when water park is closed there is free parking, the $28 lift ticket is somewhat steep but only a couple dollars more then places like snowshoe, and other mountains that DO trail maintance. and in case u didn't notice, EVERYONE leaves water near the lift no one is gonna take it, u can even leave a cooler so u dont have to walk across the street

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
syadasti said:
There is free chilled water at the water fountains next to the bathroom entrance. You could also drink from the hose you use to clean your bike at the end of the day also :D
Look at that problem solved. It's just nobody told me that either of the times I've been there.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
dante said:
ya never had to pee all the time you were there?? :think: I was living off of that water fountain and the free power bars during the US Open...
I thought that's what the woods are for?
:D

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
they also had free red bull at the us open :) diablo kicks ass, and thas why i ride there everyweekend

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
acair422 said:
they also had free red bull at the us open :) diablo kicks ass, and thas why i ride there everyweekend
I agree good mountain. Have fun whenever I'm there. All i was saying is i was fuking boiling and didn't want to give mountain creek money that should go to the bike park. I almost swam in the pond at the top. :D . It's not going to stop me from going there, just saying it would have been nice to have yesterday.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Lexx D said:
I agree good mountain. Have fun whenever I'm there. All i was saying is i was fuking boiling and didn't want to give mountain creek money that should go to the bike park. I almost swam in the pond at the top. :D . It's not going to stop me from going there, just saying it would have been nice to have yesterday.

If that's all you wanted to say, why did you whine and rant like a little baby about 'fuking' Mountain Creek? How can you complain when a place like Diablo is in your backyard? Think the guys who drive 6 hours to get there would complain about piddly sh!t like not having water catered to them?

Count your blessings.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Matt D said:
If that's all you wanted to say, why did you whine and rant like a little baby about 'fuking' Mountain Creek? How can you complain when a place like Diablo is in your backyard? Think the guys who drive 6 hours to get there would complain about piddly sh!t like not having water catered to them?

Count your blessings.
because sometimes when you're parched that's all that you can do is whine and complain. given that he wasn't aware there was free water avail, such a rant seems warranted to me as the amount of water we lose riding all day in the sweltering heat becomes a serious health issue...not piddly sh!t of catered water. upon learning differently lexx concluded problem had been solved.

it's a bit of a bummer that sort of info isn't readily available, like the free parking. no one had ever pointed that out to me, not even the parking person taking my money when i grunted about the surprise of having to pay the WATER PARK for parking, figuring that $ didn't go to shawn and his diablo crew.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
how bout splurgin that $1.50 and bring a gallon of water.
:think: wow never thought of that :nuts: .
Actually brought two gallons with us. One was at the car the other was at the top of the mountain.
How hard is it for people to understand that it was just hot and after running out of water(the gallon we had at the top). It would have been nice to have access to a water fountain(and now i know you do) instead of having to walk my bike across the street.