Quantcast

More info on Fluidride #1 -- Whistler

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
"Hello Racers! We’ve got the tracks for the race pretty much sorted. Pro/Cat 1 racers will ride Upper Whistler Downhill to Detroit Rock City to Lower Canadian Open, while Cat 2 and 3 riders will ride Upper Angry Pirate to Crab Apple Turns to Samurai Pizza Cat to Ho Chi Minh to Monkey Hands. These track choices are subject to possible change, so keep an eye out for updates closer to race time."

Some more details on the race here:

http://fluidrideracing.com/2010/05/14/whistler-practice-timesinfo-may-29-and-30/

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Looks like maybe the courses have changed some? Pro-only and all-amateur courses? (no combo Pro/Cat 1?) From the Park web site:

"There will be two separate race courses for the Ams and Pros both of which will finish on the flats at the top of the Boneyard. The Am Track looks like this: Upper Angry Pirate to Crabapple Turns to World Cup Singletrack to Ho Chi Min to Longhorn to finish line. This is a good combination of technical intensity with some loose flow to make up time, I think the racers will like it. The Pro course is savage- Schleyer to Detroit Rock City to Lower National DH to Joyride Exit to sprint across summer road and finish line."​

LINK

That was a great weekend, despite the rain and mud. The rocky CAT 1 / Pro course was good but I sure blew my race run. Sorry to hear about Mark's injury too. Kudo's to you Doug for being so consistent on your bike at age 55. You are standing out as a rare commodity in this sport and riding very well. Keep it going steady down the hill this year - Hope to see you at Schweitzer.
Chris.