Quantcast

Montana Monkees? (glacier/kallispell)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
wow. looks different in here.
anyway...
Headed to Glacier for a week with the fam.
Anyone got any beta on the Whitefish/Kalispell area?
good food? must do hikes? brewpubs? general debauchery?
word up folks.
-TN

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent a week backpacking in GNP many moons ago. On the way out stayed in Kalispell. Went out and had a few beers in Whitefish and if I remember correctly would have preferred to have stayed in Whitefish. Whitefish is much more touristy but has more to do. Couldn't find much to do in Kalispell. Ended up drinking heavily at the hotel bar and an epic "worst/best night of my life" ensued. Next morning woke up to a hotel door that had been kicked in, blood and vomit everywhere and a running overflowing bathtub. Never considered myself to have good luck, but how I managed to avoid prison or a lawsuit that night is the luckiest I have ever been.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Spent a week backpacking in GNP many moons ago. On the way out stayed in Kalispell. Went out and had a few beers in Whitefish and if I remember correctly would have preferred to have stayed in Whitefish. Whitefish is much more touristy but has more to do. Couldn't find much to do in Kalispell. Ended up drinking heavily at the hotel bar and an epic "worst/best night of my life" ensued. Next morning woke up to a hotel door that had been kicked in, blood and vomit everywhere and a running overflowing bathtub. Never considered myself to have good luck, but how I managed to avoid prison or a lawsuit that night is the luckiest I have ever been.
lol. wow.

actually staying in Columbia Falls. Will check out Whitefish & do some ski season recon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
do the swift current hike in glacier...

will be all over southwestern montana between the sept 20th-28th....

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Ended up drinking heavily at the hotel bar and an epic "worst/best night of my life" ensued. Next morning woke up to a hotel door that had been kicked in, blood and vomit everywhere and a running overflowing bathtub. Never considered myself to have good luck, but how I managed to avoid prison or a lawsuit that night is the luckiest I have ever been.
I just finished reading fear and loathing in las vegas last night and this sounds like something straight out of that book.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tell us a story Uncle Westy!

WTF ever happened to Serial Midget? Din't he used to live in the Berkeley Pit?
Nice 640x480 picture taken with what was a very expensive digital camera at the time.

Long story short. Spent a week backpacking in GNP with some friends from college. Both were successful professionals but has storied pasts with various constabularies. Our first night back in civilization we were staying in Kalispell but found little to do. Headed over to Whitefish. Seemed like a fun place but as I was driving didn't wan't to stay long as I planned to get shitfaced. Headed back to the hotel, asked the front desk where to have fun. They seriously recommended the hotel bar. Normally not something I am willing to do but I wasn't going to drive and was thirsty. Get to the bar, pretty dead, waitress explains the night specials; $1 shots of anything, even the good stuff. We order a few pitchers of beer and gave the waitress $120, told her to keep bringing the shots.

Shit went downhill after a few hours and details got cloudy. Not going to try to embellish or fill in the gaps. My friends started being assholes, as they are known to do. We were asked to leave the bar. I was pissed off. Someone suggested we settle things like gentlemen, with fisticuffs. Two of us would face off why the third refereed. Match ended upon immediate surrender of one of the opponents. Winner would take on the ref, loser became ref. Rinse repeat.

Things started out fairly tame, but it was a mobile brawl as we slowly moved towards the room. No one could find their keys but we got in somehow. Rounds of battles continued for a while with increasing violence until we all passed out.

Next morning I woke up curled up next to the front door with a giant knot on my forehead and a nose, although unbroken, that had spewed vast amounts of blood over most everything in the room. One friend had bruises around his neck from being choked out, the other with two swollen and quickly blackening eyes.

The friend with the neck bruises has passed out in one of the beds, soiled it with vomit, moved to the other and repeated. He woke up stewed in his own gastro-intestinal juices. My other friend, possibly after encountering the vomit, had turned on the shower before passing out on the bathroom floor. A towel blocked the drain, tub was full and flooding the room.

Not sure how we did it, but we got in the room somehow by forcibly separating the steel door frame from from the rest of the building. How we reached that final state without intervention from some kind of authority I will never know. Checked out like nothing was wrong, never heard from the hotel, was never charged for damages.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
jesus christ @Westy. I feel like I need rehab after reading that.

MT was so fkn awesome. Loved it all. Got in so DH at Whitefish. Hiked over 25 miles. Drank some killer brews. Wept at the sight of storms rolling through the peaks in Glacier. I want to go back. Was prolly the best 9 days I've had in years.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
bob osborn/bmx action photographer has a gallery in whitefish i think....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Forgot to mention funny detail from the worst/best night story. I woke up on the floor in the corner, two cans of bear-spray in my hands, safeties off, fingers on the trigger.