Quantcast

Mono 6ti + dorado + hadley = ???

hurley64

Chimp
Sep 4, 2003
Hey, installing a set of Mono6ti brakes on a dorado and I have a problem that hopefully one of you can solve. The particular problem I am having concerns the Dorado brake mount, i am using a hadley front hub and when i try to install the dorado brake mount it hits the brake disc, even the actual "mounting ears" on the dorado are very close to the brake disc but i dont think its a real issue.

Not sure if this may have more to do with the Hadley hub? Any advice would be great, dont want to have to shave the mount!

John

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
I had the same problem with a hope bulb / Manitou Sherman DJ combo. I solved the problem by cutting a few mm off the Bulb 20mm adapter wit a dremel. What I found to be part of the problem is how you setup the hexlock though. I think it is the same with the dorado. Try putting the cap on the hexlock axle and tighten it down till it lines up correctly in the brake calipers. For me that wasn't necessarily all the way tightened. Then tighten down the bolts on the lowers that hold the axle. Then finish tightening the axle cap. There is a bit of left to right afjustment play with the hexlock. Or at least with my setup. Hope it helps.