Quantcast

Monkey Shoe Help

Speedball

Chimp
Dec 26, 2001
San Francisco
Now that Intense (or Five Ten more accurately) is no longer making its sticky rubber shoes, has anyone found a good replacement. I hate riding waffle soled shoes and am just looking for suggestions for some good shoes that have soles similar to the old Intense shoes.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Try taking them into a shoe repair shop. Preferably one owned and operated by a little old guy from the "old country". Seriously though, I am a shoemaker myself. The old guys you sometimes find in the shop is the guy that knows techniques long forgotten and might be able to repair and/or rebuild your shoes for you. Pretty much all mass produced shoes made in the last 50 years or so are made using the same construction techniques. It might cost as much as new shoes but if they are a pair of shoes that you absolutely love and can't find them anymore it might be worth it. Also, you may have to take them into a few shops before you find someone that can do the work for you.

Alternatively if you want, send me some pix of the shoes, including all rips, worn spots, the soles and the insides and I will see if I can rebuild them for ya. At a nominal fee, of course. If you want to try this, email me at ciaran@punkduck.com

Ciaran

Yeti-Freak

Chimp
May 3, 2002
Australia
I love my Vans XL2's ... it hink the waffle sole is nearly as good as intense. A mate got his DC's soled with the stealth/intense rubber, work a treat. So i guess find a shoe you like, which soles can be seperated from the shoe and your a goer.

Tim