Quantcast

Mondurr gmt ¶|×√ו÷`×∆

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Let tired, rode 9 times out of last 10 days and planning to do it tonight again. I for one am grateful for all the dampening my dentist bike has to offer, I am even getting suspended grips for moar comfort - should be arriving tonight.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Morning. Let tired, rode 9 times out of last 10 days and planning to do it tonight again. I for one am grateful for all the dampening my dentist bike has to offer, I am even getting suspended grips for moar comfort - should be arriving tonight.
That’s saying something given how f’n humid it’s been.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
yoohohohohoh
mondbork
made ok progress on crown, put up curtain rods in 1 room, watched racing with jackalope and suboptimus this weekend

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made it to the Pictured Rocks National Seashore in Michigan. Gonna see some stuffs and eat fried fish later. It's pretty up here.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Today is another day of not working for me. I have been making that a theme this year.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Had a good weekend. Got outside a lot and saw a bunch of friends. The "highlight" of my weekend was dinner at friend's house Saturday night and one friend brought his wife who is without a doubt one of the worst human beings I have ever met. Just at truly awful, nasty, obnoxious person, who did her best to make the night miserable for everyone. I told my wife I will never sit a dinner table with that woman ever again. The thing is, even as it was happening, I knew I now had a story to tell about that time I met one of the worst people ever.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Had a good weekend. Got outside a lot and saw a bunch of friends. The "highlight" of my weekend was dinner at friend's house Saturday night and one friend brought his wife who is without a doubt one of the worst human beings I have ever met. Just at truly awful, nasty, obnoxious person, who did her best to make the night miserable for everyone. I told my wife I will never sit a dinner table with that woman ever again. The thing is, even as it was happening, I knew I now had a story to tell about that time I met one of the worst people ever.
examples of awfulness?

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Hmm, yes that does sound quite interesting.

I have been half-heartedly searching the classifieds for a Zerode as I foolishly sold mine when I should have kept it.

Pm me some pics when you get a chance.

Interested in a beta GG/DH? I haven’t ridden DH in a long-ass time, it’s collecting dust. It’d be cool for the bike to sell to someone who’d appreciate it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
examples of awfulness?
Let's start by saying this was dinner for 12 people, and she barely knew any of us (bunch of triathletes). So going through this list, she is talking to a bunch of people she did not know, including two children. Some highlights of her dinner table commentary:
  • If a dog and child were about to be killed, she'd save the dog because kids suck
  • Kept referring to her coffee shop customers as "motherfuckers" (she manages a coffee shop)
  • Kept referring to things as "retarded." One dinner guest was a special ed teacher and asked her not to use the word, to which she said she did not care and continued to use it.
  • She said if you are not skinny enough to wear Lululemon tights, you are too fat and need to lose weight.
  • Dropped at least one f-bomb in every sentence. Felt like I was listening to a Tarantino movie.
  • She dominated the conversation, going from one topic to the next, and would not let anyone else speak, and did not have an inside voice
  • I could not have a conversation with her husband or ask him a question without her answering the question or interrupting the discussion with her commentary
  • She let the house dog jump on her lap during dinner and eat from the dinner table. She didn't see the problem with that. The dinner host had to go lock the dog in another room.
I actually sat there at dinner with a bunch of friends thinking "I am not enjoying this."

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
gonna walk over to the point and flip over rocks and look for crabs
That gets you bit by a snake here.

:stupid:

great weekend, but little bike time. I hope to drastically change that later this week.
Yep. I need to get miles in on the bike before Whistler - tuning and getting myself ride ready. We need to plan some rides. I might need some assistance with a few mid-Chimney shuttles for tuning sake.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Survived familyfest on the NC shore. Fishing kind of sucked. Golf was pretty good. Ate and drank a bunch. We did harvest some fruits of the sea for eating purposes, which is always a goal. collected about 8 dozen clams, had many of them in a great broth, with bread leftover from Sausage and peppers the night before. The big ones got chopped up for stuffed clams another night. No major fights or disagreements. I think they might be close to a consensus on what to do with a condo my mother and uncle inherited from my grandmother.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Let's start by saying this was dinner for 12 people, and she barely knew any of us (bunch of triathletes). So going through this list, she is talking to a bunch of people she did not know, including two children. Some highlights of her dinner table commentary:
  • If a dog and child were about to be killed, she'd save the dog because kids suck
  • Kept referring to her coffee shop customers as "motherfuckers" (she manages a coffee shop)
  • Kept referring to things as "retarded." One dinner guest was a special ed teacher and asked her not to use the word, to she said she did not care and continued to use it.
  • She said if you are not skinny enough to wear Lululemon tights, you are too fat and need to lose weight.
  • Dropped at least one f-bomb in every sentence. Felt like I was listening to a Tarantino movie.
  • She dominated the conversation, going from one topic to the next, and would not let anyone else speak, and did not have an inside voice
  • I could not have a conversation with her husband or ask him a question without her answering the question or interrupting the discussion with her commentary
  • She let the house dog jump on her lap during dinner and eat from the dinner table. She didn't see the problem with that. The dinner host had to go lock the dog in another room.
I actually sat there at dinner with a bunch of friends thinking "I am not enjoying this."
what a winner

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Traffic sucks donkey dick this morning. Pickup towing a large travel trailer and a car collided in front of me at 5:30 this morning. Trailer overturned and became kindling blocked the whole damn freeway. I got stuck there for 30 minutes. At 9am the freeway has one lane out of five open though Oakland. Back ups are miles long on all the alternative routes except through gang land. So much fun

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
  • Kept referring to things as "retarded." One dinner guest was a special ed teacher and asked her not to use the word, to she said she did not care and continued to use it.
this is one of those times when you apologise to your friend before telling his wife to shut the fuck up....he would probably understand.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
this is one of those times when you apologise to your friend before telling his wife to shut the fuck up....he would probably understand.
Done it before to one of Wifey's friends almost a decade ago. I felt bad at the time (afterwards), making her cry at a crowded, popular bar. However it changed her going forward. She's now a much nicer person who actually thinks about her actions and doesn't say mean shit for the sake of saying it. Sometimes it needs to be done.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
still have that stop motion build/test video?

Hmm, yes that does sound quite interesting.

I have been half-heartedly searching the classifieds for a Zerode as I foolishly sold mine when I should have kept it.

Pm me some pics when you get a chance.
There's gotta be pics somewhere... oh yeah here there are: https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/guerrilla-gravity-gg-dh-beta.278794/

Things of note: I no longer have the RS Vivid Coil as mentioned in the ad, and I had to rob the shifter for another bike who's shifter crapped out. The tires are flat, the fork probably (definitely) needs to be rebuilt, and the wheels are likely untrued at this point. I know, I know... I'm really selling it. Also, it's a 26'er, so there's that. But, I'd entertain an offer so long as it's not too crappy.

Also of note: I stamped the serial numbers into the BBs on all 10 of the beta frames. This particular one is stamped with my initials in addition to the GG serial number. So... I am a little emotionally attached to it, even though it really only collects dust right now.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hello all. Today is another day of not working for me. I have been making that a theme this year.
Same here, but will prolly so some stuff around the house plus the plants need feeding. May hike later. Looking for some amanita muscarias which have been popping up all around us.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just dropped both bikes off at my LBS (actual local—not Golden) and am getting the Land Cruiser washed. Going to buck the trend and not eat Thai today, though. We have too many leftovers from Prefare and the like in the fridge now.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Mando rest period, late into work this morning, making me late to the absolute shit show today has been. :panic:

Don't know if any Colorado :monkey:s might be interested, but I just dropped a portion of the last bonus check on this. Guess I better get serious about getting of my fat ass and back in shape. Ski season approaches!

Yeah she could have used one of those, but I don't have the kind of personality to do it.
Want me to do it?