Quantcast

~ Monderp GMT ~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Awesome weather this weekend. Yard is all cleaned up, lawn is mowed, and we took the little one to the zoo on Sunday.

also... Happy Star Wars day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
got my tax return this morning.... and it's already gone. :(

had a good ride yesterday. I hope this season will be better than last year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Seriously, why can't weekends be 3 days? I'm willing to work a few extra hours to make up for the extra day. Its only May 4th and I already can't stand driving into work with the windows down, enjoying the sun and the fresh air....only to park my ass in a chair and office all day.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

After a productive weekend that included tiling, mowing the yard, eating ice cream and riding my bike, I rolled out of bed this morning and knew I was bringing my D game at best today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Howdy.

Seriously, why can't weekends be 3 days? I'm willing to work a few extra hours to make up for the extra day. Its only May 4th and I already can't stand driving into work with the windows down, enjoying the sun and the fresh air....only to park my ass in a chair and office all day.
Bring it up with the boss. This type of work arrangement is very progressive.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
btw, anyone know if I need that special King tool to remove the freehub body from my King hub? I have a new freehub assembly, and my hub needs some cleanin' and lovin. I don't want to start the job only to realize I don't have the necessary tools to finish it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I dropped off my household's Denver county and city ballots this morning and then whirred to work in the LEAF. Now it is sucking down my employer's (free) juice in one of the designated EV parking spots... which is nice except that it's in a garage on the far side of campus from where I actually work.

#firstworldproblems

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Howdy.

We do this. I work 9 hour days and then get every other Friday off.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
btw, anyone know if I need that special King tool to remove the freehub body from my King hub? I have a new freehub assembly, and my hub needs some cleanin' and lovin. I don't want to start the job only to realize I don't have the necessary tools to finish it.
No you don't need any CK specific tools to remove the freehub body.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bring it up with the boss. This type of work arrangement is very progressive.
I am trying to get them to switch me to 4 10's because of the time change. My entire team is in Brisbane, so they don't get into the office until 3 my time. I come in early to avoid traffic, so if I stayed until 5, it gives me more overlap. I would deal with 5 traffic if it meant I didn't come in on Friday. My Friday's are their Saturdays anyway, so its almost pointless. HR isn't buying it because nobody else in Engineering here in the US is on a 4 day week. F@ckers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am trying to get them to switch me to 4 10's because of the time change. My entire team is in Brisbane, so they don't get into the office until 3 my time. I come in early to avoid traffic, so if I stayed until 5, it gives me more overlap. I would deal with 5 traffic if it meant I didn't come in on Friday. My Friday's are their Saturdays anyway, so its almost pointless. HR isn't buying it because nobody else in Engineering here in the US is on a 4 day week. F@ckers.
flip your corvette into their office

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Have your buddies in Brisbane push for that schedule, you know, for productivity's sake.
HR people are idiots without any vision outside their cube so I'd go above them in your office if possible too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Have your buddies in Brisbane push for that schedule, you know, for productivity's sake.
HR people are idiots without any vision outside their cube so I'd go above them in your office if possible too.
he's gonna need a launch ramp to flip his car that high

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have even said every other Friday. Guess we will see. I really like working with the folks there, just not on their timezone. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well I never needed to try for myself but I wanted to take the new bike out for a ride and didn't have time to swap tires.

How the fvck do people actually think these are worth buying? I might as well have been riding on giant versions of the Small Block 8's from my dirt jump bike.
there's two prevailing thoughts on nevagels:

-some riders really are that stupid
-kenda had one manufacturing run of like ten billion nevegals and is still trying to get rid of them all

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
yup. filed last Sunday (the 26th) got my direct deposit this morning. so 8 days?
Hmm. I filed mine over well over week ago and haven't seen anything, yet. Though I am getting quite a large sum back, maybe that has something to do with it?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You need the tool.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
there's two prevailing thoughts on nevagels:

-some riders really are that stupid
-kenda had one manufacturing run of like ten billion nevegals and is still trying to get rid of them all
I know I tried them a few different times when I was younger just because they could be had so F'n cheap. I ended up replacing them with Maxxis every time after riding a few times. It brought back painfully how much they sucked each time.

I think they sell them to new riders all the time because they can be had so cheap.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
founders breakfast stout and sam smith organic choc stout PROCURED.
take that, Monday!
Take this! I all of 3 cups of coffee today; no food. Totally feeling pretty dang awesome with these DELICIOUS beers post-work.

BBQing is just too good with beer(s). Is it Friday yet?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
12.5 hours of hell shift. Lots of long transports in heavy traffic.....at least I got to watch the freak show wandering in and out of Wally World in Antioch while waiting on a client...Trailer trash of all nationalities from the shallow end of the gene pool waddling about in the weirdest get ups I have ever seen.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Did a little welding to repair a railing. I popped the clutch on the truck while in reverse and took it out. Turned out good. Had to take the grinder to it to make it nice. Just need to go back and paint it.