Quantcast

Monday GMT

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hellodilly doodlily! Happy Monday ffs. Slept like crapola last night. It's raining. I had a nice weekend of sitting around on my ass doing nothing.

Gave the wife a concussion on Saturday...
How romantic. Some couples go for walks, or bike rides, or go shopping or go to a movie. You and BigT enjoy beating the sh!t out of each other. :cupidarrow:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Enjoyed the heat wave this weekend and grilled up some food on the back deck last night. The warm weather break was nice but all of our snow melted around the house. The temp was back down around 30* this morning like normal.

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo, snow all but melted, foggy as London the last 2 days. Rode bieks with the kid Sat in all the empty college parking lots just outside our neighborhood. Played 'Who Can Crash into the Dirty Snowbank 1st' game. Fun!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Good morning, back from vacation and ready to tackle the week. Lots of meetings to set up and work to crank out. The flood of 1090's in my mailbox seem to indicate its also time to start thinking about taxes. Ugh. They say it's a dog eat dog world out there, but I'm living on ramen.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ran 14 miles yesterday afternoon. My electrolyte was a slushy at mile 9 and frozen solid at mile 11, and my headphone cables had icicles on them. I still don't think I've warmed up. I'm not doing sh*t today.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Going by the body shop after work to find out just how bad Marceline is. If she is totalled, I am torn between buying her back and using the parts I need for the truck or just scrapping it and buying a beater until the truck is done.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Morning Monkeys.

Going by the body shop after work to find out just how bad Marceline is. If she is totalled, I am torn between buying her back and using the parts I need for the truck or just scrapping it and buying a beater until the truck is done.
ive now become very interested in this truck you are building. any build thread anywhere?
any how school then work, pretty much another one of those days i start the day at 6am and end at 10pm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ive now become very interested in this truck you are building. any build thread anywhere?
Buying the Vette put a dent in my budget and not much big progress has been made since I've been saving my pennies for my suspension.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=430941

I bought the Vette to use Porterbuilt Streetrods Corvette C4 Dropmember and C4 back half. But I fell in love with the car, so I was just going to use Nate's Dropmember front/rear with tubular control and trailing arms. Now I just don't know.

The problem with the C4 Dropmember is the cost of the Ride Tech Shockwave's. The select ride version is $1200 a pair vs. standard bags and shocks for $500 a pair. Plus the C4 back half is $2500 vs. the trailing arm dropmember for $1900, front C4 dropmember is $1500 vs. $1100 for the standard dropmember.

There are only a hand full of C4 Dropmembers made and there is only one other company that uses Corvette suspension and they don't have nearly the effort and design into it as Nate does. He has gotten away from the Corvette suspension now that he offers a "touring" version of the dropmember with his tubular control arms and coil over shocks (or shockwaves if you want them).

The running theme of the truck is a V series Cadillac. The interior is out of a 2008 DTS, I will be using gen1 CTS-V Brembo disc brakes on all corners and gen2 CTS-V wheels. The goal is to have everything run off the tablet with redundant manual controls in the event of system failure.

It's a bit out there, but if I pull it off it should be a ton of fun.

<edit>
Here is a shot of the C4 Dropmember installed with shockwaves.

C4 back half with shockwaves.
Down:

Up:

Tight:

The C4 setup has a ride height of either 4" or 5" (customer choice and rim/tire choice) that goes from frame on the ground (if you want, or as much as an inch off) and a max lift of 9" from frame to ground.

The C4 setup (like the standard) moves the engine and suspension further up in the frame to allow the truck to be lowered while maintaining proper steering geometry. Both also move the front tire 1" forward to center the wheel in the opening for better looks when low.

Last edited:

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
Buying the Vette put a dent in my budget and not much big progress has been made since I've been saving my pennies for my suspension.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=430941

I bought the Vette to use Porterbuilt Streetrods Corvette C4 Dropmember and C4 back half. But I fell in love with the car, so I was just going to use Nate's Dropmember front/rear with tubular control and trailing arms. Now I just don't know.

The problem with the C4 Dropmember is the cost of the Ride Tech Shockwave's. The select ride version is $1200 a pair vs. standard bags and shocks for $500 a pair. Plus the C4 back half is $2500 vs. the trailing arm dropmember for $1900, front C4 dropmember is $1500 vs. $1100 for the standard dropmember.

There are only a hand full of C4 Dropmembers made and there is only one other company that uses Corvette suspension and they don't have nearly the effort and design into it as Nate does. He has gotten away from the Corvette suspension now that he offers a "touring" version of the dropmember with his tubular control arms and coil over shocks (or shockwaves if you want them).

The running theme of the truck is a V series Cadillac. The interior is out of a 2008 DTS, I will be using gen1 CTS-V Brembo disc brakes on all corners and gen2 CTS-V wheels. The goal is to have everything run off the tablet with redundant manual controls in the event of system failure.

It's a bit out there, but if I pull it off it should be a ton of fun.

<edit>
Here is a shot of the C4 Dropmember installed with shockwaves.

C4 back half with shockwaves.
Down:

Up:

Tight:

The C4 setup has a ride height of either 4" or 5" (customer choice and rim/tire choice) that goes from frame on the ground (if you want, or as much as an inch off) and a max lift of 9" from frame to ground.

The C4 setup (like the standard) moves the engine and suspension further up in the frame to allow the truck to be lowered while maintaining proper steering geometry. Both also move the front tire 1" forward to center the wheel in the opening for better looks when low.
damn that thing is gonna be awesome when its all finished up!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That's a cool plan and all JD, but WTF happened to your C4?!

Answer soon or we'll Martin Whitely your ass all over the interwebz.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning! Had an AWESOME weekend with teh hubby and friends. Started Sat teaching ski lessons, have a group of 3 and 4 year old first timers... didn't even put my skis on, but had fun pretending we were animals on the magic carpet :) My kiddo took a lesson from the best skier I have ever met (well, I did meet Seth Morrison, Glen Plake, and Lindsay Vonn, so I guess that's debateable, but he's definitely the best skier on the mountain regularly), then we took him to hang with Grandpops while my man and I headed to the cabin with our friends for a night of racous drinking, bonfire, and delicious chili! Turns out it's hard to keep a bonfire going when it is below 20*! :)

Rode Steven's Pass the next day after one of the girls made a few puke pit-stops on the side of the highway on the way up, but it was puke and rally for our group, and we had a BLAST! Hiked a bit to some pow stashed and today I am sore enough that I am content with the data entry ahead of me for the day.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My Special Ladyfriend aka Traveling Companion&#8482; aka the LBG just received an official offer letter for a new jeooorrrrrb. She's super stoked, is accepting, and is putting in her notice at the current jorb this afternoon. Barring any unforeseen disaster, as of Jan 29th she'll no longer be working in the "tiny, not-for-profit, trade association" portion of the ski industry, but rather for the "huge, corporate, evil-empire" part here in Colorado.

And yes, SS, that means what you think it means.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My Special Ladyfriend aka Traveling Companion&#8482; aka the LBG just received an official offer letter for a new jeooorrrrrb. She's super stoked, is accepting, and is putting in her notice at the current jorb this afternoon. Barring any unforeseen disaster, as of Jan 29th she'll no longer be working in the "tiny, not-for-profit, trade association" portion of the ski industry, but rather for the "huge, corporate, evil-empire" part here in Colorado.

And yes, SS, that means what you think it means.
I think I'm jealous. Especially if it means "free seasons pass"

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think I'm jealous. Especially if it means "free seasons pass"
Actually, the job she's leaving was a WAY moar better-er season pass deal for me. Her new job means I get to go back to buying a pass that is good at FAR fewer mountains.

#firstworldproblems

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Actually, the job she's leaving was a WAY moar better-er season pass deal for me. Her new job means I get to go back to buying a pass that is good at FAR fewer mountains.

#firstworldproblems
That kinda blows. Does her new paycheck equal enough more money that it doesn't matter at least?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
That kinda blows. Does her new paycheck equal enough more money that it doesn't matter at least?
Meh, it only really blows for me actually. The old job came with 2 season passes, the new job it's just 1 for her. But I'll get a decent price through a "family/friends" program on mine, I think. And the new job is a significant increase in everything else for her, including salary, bennies, and career potential so it's all good!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Meh, it only really blows for me actually. The old job came with 2 season passes, the new job it's just 1 for her. But I'll get a decent price through a "family/friends" program on mine, I think. And the new job is a significant increase in everything else for her, including salary, bennies, and career potential so it's all good!
Nice! (for her) I AM jealous!!! :) I've been looking to switch industries to something more outdoorsy. Just waiting for someone to see the combo of REI/The North Face retail and corporate admin positions as a perfect match for something within their company. I was looking into the evil empires for our mountains, but they are all owned remotely.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I hope that works out well. A friend of mine hated working for the big evil one that has a building in Interlocken.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
:rockout:

Awesome news. Tell her that the 1st order of bidness will be MOAR SNOW!
The Evil Empire is already all over that if you believe teh rumours. Too bad their snow won't fall anywhere you have a pass... :(

I hope that works out well. A friend of mine hated working for the big evil one that has a building in Interlocken.
Interesting, all the folks that we've known or currently know who are employed there are pretty happy. That building has a lot of verticals, and I'd wager some are better than others.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Interesting, all the folks that we've known or currently know who are employed there are pretty happy. That building has a lot of verticals, and I'd wager some are better than others.
You're almost certainly right. And now that I think about it, he's had nothing but bad things to say about every place he's worked. Anyhow, good luck to her.