Quantcast

~~ Monday GMT - OMG WAKE UP ~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey monkeys! WHAT ARE IT SAY!

How were your weekends? Ours was awesome. BikeMS weekend with some monkeys among others, which meant a food gorge on Saturday followed by the 50 mile ride on Sunday. I had switched my registration from the 100 miler because I didn't think I was prepared yet to ride 100 miles. Turns out I had plenty in the tank for a century yesterday. Oh well. 52 miles at 17.4 MPH is still a good ride. I slept 9.5 hours last night. I needed that.

Five day work week this week. Lame.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
awesome weekend, rode some jump lines and a mini dual slalom course at the park with a good group of guys and my son. 4 day work week, snowshoe this weekend, life is yummy

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
Picked up a new daily driver over the weekend, now I have to start going through the Jeep so that I can R&R and sell it. If I play my cards right, I should only be out of pocket a few grand on this car!

In other news, the windstorm we had over the weekend ripped all the leaves off my romano beans and killed a few of my zucchini plants. Not to thrilled about that. We have a few tomatoes starting though, and some of the asparagus finally broke its lazy ass through the ground!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

It's Mehday again, nothing really exciting to report. I had a fairly productive weekend though, got a decent amount of stuff done around the house. Yeah... thats about it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin all. Back at work after two weeks in France and Germany. :thumbsdown: Had a great time with the exception of a few snafus; bedbugs and a HUGE fvck you to Budget rental car. Never again.

Back to the grind on this lovely Monday. I need to get out on my bike again and shed some of this beer and sausage induced vacation weight.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
good morning i spent my weekend racing at attitash and hanging out at my buddies cabin in victory vermont population 72. this is the house across the street from my buddies cabin, its abandon.

we went in side and there where three things in the house, a hand made doll in the window curtains and a car battery and radiator test kit. aside from the insane rain and doing pretty crappy in my race run it was a wicked fun time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good weekend.

Beach Birthday BBQ Saturday with a bunch of friends (quite a few with kids). I had a slow beer drip going for most of the day... I wound up getting pretty hammered without realizing it. Then we watched Goon. Quite funny. At least while drunk.

Went for a ride yesterday on the pedally bike with a fresh new bottom bracket. Silky.

Then some smiley time with my now 8 week old son and a nice steak dinner. Sara made me lemon pudding... So fluffy and custardy all at once... Mmm.

And thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It means a lot.

Jerks.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Had a great day of downhill riding on Saturday with Full Trucker and a non-Monkey. Chased that with a tasty beer some Mexican food and 'ritas.

Woke up with teh jelly legs, but squeezed in a 30ish mile road ride with few thousand feet of climbing on Sunday with my neighbors. Slow and low, that is the tempo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had a daddy/daughter date on Friday. Had gluten free dinner at Pastini, then went to Snow White and the Huntsman. I thought that movie was awesome and the dwarfs are bad ass.

Saturday we swung by Subway for a GF sandwich to pack and hit Horsetail Falls. Hiked in, found a nice spot, ate, chilled out in the trees, then hiked back. Stopped for ice cream on the way home to top off a great hike.

Rain all week :(

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Saturday was a busy day. I coordinated a morning trail work session for our local mtb club, and then afterwards helped teach a beginner mtb clinic in the afternoon. The participants did really well and it looked like most of them were having a pretty good time. Cornell's outdoor education program donated the use of their rental fleet of mtn bikes for the clinic, so most of the participants were people that didn't even have mtn bikes of their own yet. I expect that a couple of them will be going out to buy themselves one, soon, though. :thumb:

I'm seriously considering taking a Wilderness Safety course... we came across one of those "worst case scenario" deals while on the trails: a lone rider who'd crashed and broken his collarbone. We were able to stabilize his shoulder/arm with an ace bandage, get him out of the forest and back to the parking lot where one of his friends picked him up to take him to the hospital. I feel like we handled it quite well, but I'd like to have some "official" training behind me to handle these scenarios, especially since I lead rides every week for the club.

Yesterday it rained all day, so I pretty much did nothing. My 12 yo son cooked dinner for me, which was sweet. It was quite good for his first real attempt at cooking: sloppy joes made from scratch, none of that canned cr@p.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Back in the office after installing a remote monitor. Did something to my left thumb, and now it gives me discomfort.

Possible road ride tonight with BigT, weather permitting.

Oh, yeah, did the MS ride with some monkeys and non-monkeys. Signed up for the 50 miler, scrubbed that and did the 25 mile route followed by the 10 mile route. 37 total miles, 15.1 average for the 25.

Be safe out there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Picked up a new daily driver over the weekend, now I have to start going through the Jeep so that I can R&R and sell it. If I play my cards right, I should only be out of pocket a few grand on this car!

In other news, the windstorm we had over the weekend ripped all the leaves off my romano beans and killed a few of my zucchini plants. Not to thrilled about that. We have a few tomatoes starting though, and some of the asparagus finally broke its lazy ass through the ground!
now what'd you get?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning, still. This day is dragging. Arranged stuff in my new shed yesterday. Every man needs a shed to put his stuff in.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon monkeys! Rain all day Saturday = PJs, snacks & Wii with the family day! Sunday we were able to get in a walk/run/bike (Alex & I walked, Sq-Earl ran and Syd biked) 5k around the neighborhood, yard work and re-potted some houseplants.

Next up - making homemade bread to go with the chili that is in the crockpot for dinner.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Good morning all! Sounds like some good times were had out there over the weekend!! We had a great friday night! Sent the little one to Granny and Grandpop's for a sleepover with them and his cousin. And we got to make a happy hour after work and then a nice dinner out finished off with some online stand up comedy! Worked on the boat all weekend to try and get it ready in case the weather ever gets nice here! Did a little relaxing and enjoyed the beverages Skibunny kept supplying me with all weekend! Drove to work today but hoping to stay on the bike for most of the summer. We'll see!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
mudgirl: good on ya for helping out the injured rider. + rep.
Thanks, Nick... I would hope that he (or anyone else) would have done the same for me if I was the one lying in a heap on the ground next to my bike. I don't know him well, but he's a friend of a friend and I've been on rides with him a couple times in the past. But I would've done the same thing for a total stranger, too, and have. He's not even the first person I've gotten out of the woods or off a ski slope, so that's why I'm considering the wilderness safety course. I seem to have a knack for being in the right place at the right time...

i've never seen a silver subaru....sooooo...
I ride pretty regularly with a couple guys who both drive silver Outbacks... they exist!

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good morning. Pretty much a yard work and dodge the rain weekend. Broken coccyx remains a PITA.
Literally. Bummer, John! I broke mine in high school, almost 20 years ago!!! I was running backwards trying to catch a frisbee and tripped and landed really hard on my @ss. It still hurts when I have to sit for a long period of time, like, when I drive 6+ hours up to M'fest every year.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Literally. Bummer, John! I broke mine in high school, almost 20 years ago!!! I was running backwards trying to catch a frisbee and tripped and landed really hard on my @ss. It still hurts when I have to sit for a long period of time, like, when I drive 6+ hours up to M'fest every year.
Oh no! Not 6+ hours?!? :D

Crombie1 and I always have around a 9hr drive.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Oh no! Not 6+ hours?!? :D

Crombie1 and I always have around a 9hr drive.
You're right, it should be a piece of cake this year after the 13 hour drive to TN to visit my dad back in April!! :thumb: Actually, it's not bad when you have company, but I'm usually driving to & from by myself. Gets a bit tedious listening to the voices in my head.... ;)

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Hey all. It's moanday. work kinda blows today as co-workers are acting strange and excluding me from conversations that I should probably be a part of... hope they aren't firing me. The weekend was pretty good. Hope it warms up here soon. It is JUNE after all.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
One of my buddies here at work and I both applied for the same job within our company - he ended up getting it because the director was impressed with his extracurricular activities. Apparently writing code and gaming all night instead of riding/hiking/climbing/skiing is more appealing.

So, with the only reason for me staying in this hell-hole now closed up, time to send the resume elsewhere. Or take a year off. Maybe both. Either way what little motivation I had for this job is now thoroughly gone.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Fireage = more time for riding!
10-4, turns out I'm not fired though, it was just security being dumb. So I will continue to save for our van-life early retirement with my man. Gotta have the money to buy the van, get the kid outta the house, and then we're hittin the road! Just 13 more years to go.... ;)