Quantcast

$&@Mondane GMT$&@

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Present. Supposed to be another warm week. Heading out for an early morning ride before the humidity sets in and I have to work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back to work, ugh.

Came across someone with a flat tire yesterday, about 30 feet past a rock garden. I offered a tube, but he said hes running tubeless, it wasn't too far of a walk to the car, so didn't want try to tell him the obvious. He had tire plugs anyways...

But what really got me was that the dude was on an ebike and smoking a cigarette. Related?

Back to work, ugh.

Came across someone with a flat tire yesterday, about 30 feet past a rock garden. I offered a tube, but he said hes running tubeless, it wasn't too far of a walk to the car, so didn't want try to tell him the obvious. He had tire plugs anyways...

But what really got me was that the dude was on an ebike and smoking a cigarette. Related?
:wave: That's ebikes in a nutshell.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back to work, ugh.

Aren't cigarettes part of the French Canadian diet?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The funny thing about WFH and coronavirus is sometimes you have friends over on Sunday nights and stay up way to late drinking because who really knows what day it is.....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
found both of my front tires showing wires on the alfa yesterday. I need new ones ASAP. Anybody have experience with Goodyear Eagle Exhilaration or General G-MAX AS05?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hannah work up at 5am, so I woke up at 5am. She conveniently went back to sleep, but I'm currently awake.

I've been planning on building a new workbench/table for my table saw because my portable saw isn't accurate enough for when we build the cabinet doors and wine bar and... My list of what I want is pretty substantial: place for my shop-vacs, 2-3 drawers, table saw built in, casters, my height, possibly a vice, reasonably priced ($200-300 for the bench itself). I've been digging around for the last few days and while researching table saws was linked to a YouTube video that checked off almost all the boxes with the rest easy to modify. They even have a .pdf with instructions and measurements for the table with specific sections that need to be adjusted for your saw.

Looking at getting a new nail gun, table saw, orbital sander, and shop-vac very near-term. Just waiting for HD or whomever else to do an extended 0% finance period, because using somebody else's money is a far better idea than using mine (only a good plan when you have the cash on-hand)

Wifey has decided that the existing oak shelves in her office are good since we repainted the room a much lighted color than the prior owners had. She wants to paint the master bath instead but it's far less work than the shelves and desk (2.5 walls worth top-bottom with a desk). Haley needs a new desk for school but non-Ikea ones are damn near impossible to find right now, so that might be on our short list as school starts in <1 month. We can also build it for the corner of her room where she has space vs. having to rearrange things.

I have a creeping feeling that all of my time going forward will be spent building things vs. keeping cars running (bye bye ///M) and riding.

@Nick When it's time to do your house, we might need to borrow a truck to get that thing to you for your work.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hannah work up at 5am, so I woke up at 5am. She conveniently went back to sleep, but I'm currently awake.

I've been planning on building a new workbench/table for my table saw because my portable saw isn't accurate enough for when we build the cabinet doors and wine bar and... My list of what I want is pretty substantial: place for my shop-vacs, 2-3 drawers, table saw built in, casters, my height, possibly a vice, reasonably priced ($200-300 for the bench itself). I've been digging around for the last few days and while researching table saws was linked to a YouTube video that checked off almost all the boxes with the rest easy to modify. They even have a .pdf with instructions and measurements for the table with specific sections that need to be adjusted for your saw.

Looking at getting a new nail gun, table saw, orbital sander, and shop-vac very near-term. Just waiting for HD or whomever else to do an extended 0% finance period, because using somebody else's money is a far better idea than using mine (only a good plan when you have the cash on-hand)

Wifey has decided that the existing oak shelves in her office are good since we repainted the room a much lighted color than the prior owners had. She wants to paint the master bath instead but it's far less work than the shelves and desk (2.5 walls worth top-bottom with a desk). Haley needs a new desk for school but non-Ikea ones are damn near impossible to find right now, so that might be on our short list as school starts in <1 month. We can also build it for the corner of her room where she has space vs. having to rearrange things.

I have a creeping feeling that all of my time going forward will be spent building things vs. keeping cars running (bye bye ///M) and riding.
:popcorn:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

@Nick When it's time to do your house, we might need to borrow a truck to get that thing to you for your work.
1. Cordless nail guns. Screw compressors and air hoses.

2. Sawstop table saw. End of story. Keep those fingers intact.

3. If you are going to be doing a lot of sanding/cutting inside, invest in a HEPA vacuum. Not cheap, but it'll contain a lot of the particulate that'll coat everything in your garage and lungs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My Cuisinart coffee maker hot plate will no longer stay on. My pot brews and then shuts off, which makes nursing a pot all morning difficult. Sad!! Time to shop for a new one, and Wife is looking at fancy ones. I am not one to argue.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

3. If you are going to be doing a lot of sanding/cutting inside, invest in a HEPA vacuum. Not cheap, but it'll contain a lot of the particulate that'll coat everything in your garage and lungs.
1 all my nail guns are air. Also, they were free, as was the compressor.

2 hey baby you want a hot dog.

3 agree 100%. Also, fittings to attach shop vac to various hand tools (like orbital sander) are a huge help too. I even attach my shop vac to my miter saw.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bang/buck. 50% the price because I've already got the compressor. Spend the money in more important places (see below)

Finding a used one of these is going to be hard from my quick Craigslist search and the jobsite one is $1400. $1000 for fingers? Makes sense, but damn that hurts the wallet.

I have a P100 respirator with one set of filters left. Not sure if I'll ever be able to get new ones though. Most of the garage stuff will be getting cleared out and the remaining will be "garage" stuff. I know what I'm getting into. It's also why I want the bench on casters, so that I can push it out of the garage to do work.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First day of funemployment, sans the fun part. It's hot and way too humid to work in the yard, thunderstorms are supposedly coming soon. Panic attacks come and go.
Anyone tried to remove peeling paint from ceiling with a sticky tape? Asking for a friend.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Pawn shop, son.

I’m riding the road bike on a trainer in my living room. Does that count?

Also. I ordered a shop vac.
Yes.

are you doing a home remodel?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stoney should have bought a more complete house

First morning in a week where the alarm woke me and not shoulder pain. Still fucking exhausted from a week of not sleeping.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Stoney should have bought a more complete house

First morning in a week where the alarm woke me and not shoulder pain. Still fucking exhausted from a week of not sleeping.
I'll bet ya $5 he moves within 2 years of finishing all the projects and renovations