Quantcast

Mitch Ropelato Wins Pumptrack Challenge, Photos inside

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
pumplead.jpg
Mitch Ropelato has won the ultimate pumptrack challenge at Crankworx, to no one's great surprise. He beat out Troy Brosnan in the final to take the win. Photos inside.
---

Photos by David Peacock

Congrats go out to Mitch Ropelato for beating Monster Specialized teammate Troy Brosnan in the finals of the RockShox ultimate pumptrack challenge. Third place went to Cody Johnson, and in fourth was Martin Soderstrom. Specialized managed to take three of the top four spots!

pump 1.jpg

pump2.jpg
COdy Johnson shredded tonight.

pump3.jpg
Soderstrom turned more than a few heads with his stylish tricks on the final roll. He was repeatedly no handering mid-race, still managing to get fourth place.

pump4.jpg
Fairclough beat out Bas Van Steenbergen and a few other fast riders, but was unable to keep it going into the final four.

pump5.jpg

pump6.jpg
Second place for Troy in his first major event back since injury.

pump7.jpg
No tricks here, just determination.

pump9.jpg
Having the setup in the village this year increased spectatorship tenfold and made for a great atmosphere.

pump8.jpg
Ropelato hardly had to try in some of the heats. Congrats to Mitch and Troy! Youth on the move...

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252555&p=3818098#post3818098[/fblike]

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Sweet that tbo is back. glad he healed up safely, and the major injury didn't screw his riding over like it does for many riders.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
i agree. also, two pictures of soderstrom, one saying "throwing tricks the entire time" and the next one saying "no tricks here, just determination" is a little bit... odd.

At any rate, sweet pictures, I shouldn't complain.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I agree, that was dual slalom. If they wanted to call it a pumptrack challenge then they should of raced chainless. But either way it was entertaining and it went by farily quick

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Some pics of mine, hope you don't mind me adding

Cody Johnson was looking super fast all night

UK vs US

Mitch with style to spare

click here for more