Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
She had more opportunity in TV, marketing, skiing, and yes, the bike industry than many people. You yourself said she made a million, that IS OPPORTUNITY!! If I earned a million before I had a house and kids, it would go right into a trust for myself.

Money = opportunity.

And even on the "slumming side" she could have been a sales rep or managed a shop. Hell, she could have opened her own shop.

So I stand by what I said, she had a great deal of opportunity. You are just spoiled because you have been exposed to people with the most opportunity ever in the sport. Some of us would settle for much less, just as missy could have.
Right on! I forgot about the million+ she had apparently amassed in her career. Yeah if she blew all that cash, well then chucking her in prison probably IS doing society a favour.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Right on! I forgot about the million+ she had apparently amassed in her career. Yeah if she blew all that cash, well then chucking her in prison probably IS doing society a favour.

Have a little Mercy. All I said is she didn't pursue opportunity. Concluding she is harmful to society is a different matter.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Dante Stallworth got off with 30 days in jail (and 1000hrs community service) for killing someone while driving drunk. if Missy gets anything more than that, i don't even know what to say.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I know a few cycling legends very closely and know what they made in their careers and in knowing that, I feel confident in saying Missy made over $2million in her career racing her bike (before taxes, salary, bonuses, endorsements, prize money).

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The difference is that in Medocino the crop is going toward a legal use. Missy's crop was CLEARLY not for legal use. The Taliban is funded by the poppy trade. Poppies can be legal but in the purpose they're being grown for in Afganistan they are not. Barley & hops are not illegal to make into beer but in some countries it is and you will probably get worse punishment than Missy is facing for her 400lbs.

-ska todd
So Missy is supporting international terrorism by delivering the most addictive of illegal drugs?

The crops in Mendocino do not exactly meet Federal Standards for marijuana distribution, and if DEA receive even a little bit of local support, the helicopters would be out constantly.

I'm just trying to make a case of that:

1. Missy is not a bad person because she had a lot of pot.
2. Pot dealing exclusively (as opposed to other drugs) is not that bad.
3. We should try to be sympathetic.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
...I've only visited this thread about 5 times or so, but for some reason I feel hungry... is it just me? Does anyone else have the munchies?
Where can I get a 40' shipping container of Doritos and a barge of White Castle?

-ska todd

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
You know laws are "interpreted" all the time.
That is why the punishment for laws varies from fines to prison time.

I would love to see the interpretation of the law on marijuana that would make someone think having 400lbs of it is okay. If I remember correctly even under some of the decriminalization laws having that amount of marijuana would be illegal.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
It wasn't morally wrong, dumbass. It was LEGALLY wrong. Let her rot in jail until the jail falls down then build another jail and throw her in that one....
if you can honestly tell everyone here that you have never taken a hit from a joint or smoked a bowl in your life, then please, rant on. The extent of your bunched panties is very entertaining...

But

If you have smoked weed before or partook in any type of "illegal" drug consumption, please shut the fock up because you're a dumbass hypocrite who used the same type of "illegal" system to acquire the drug you used

uncle-mofo

Chimp
Jun 27, 2008
Waterford, Ireland
Why should she be free'd? She was caught with 400lbs of an illegal substance, it doesn't matter if you think it's not as bad as alcohol. It's illegal and she was fully aware of what she was doing. I don't think a website is going to help.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Why should she be free'd? She was caught with 400lbs of an illegal substance, it doesn't matter if you think it's not as bad as alcohol. It's illegal and she was fully aware of what she was doing. I don't think a website is going to help.
i agree 100% whether you are for legalizing it or against it...it is illegal and those are the consequences. There should not even be an argument or "free missy" website about it. rant and rave about how it should be decriminalized all you want...fact of the matter is she got caught doing something stupid. she got herself into this mess she can get herself out.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
if you can honestly tell everyone here that you have never taken a hit from a joint or smoked a bowl in your life, then please, rant on. The extent of your bunched panties is very entertaining...

But

If you have smoked weed before or partook in any type of "illegal" drug consumption, please shut the fock up because you're a dumbass hypocrite who used the same type of "illegal" system to acquire the drug you used
Yes I have had a hit or two in my day. Not really my thing.

But really? I'm a hypocrite? What I've done and what she did are equivalent in your eyes? You seem to have a lot of trouble with perspective and proportion.

smoke brakes

Monkey
May 18, 2007
one step closer to the lord
i would not want anyone here on my jury !
you have no knowledge of states evidence , no one has questioned why an officer found her suspicious and called the dea ?
had the car followed for how many days ? across how many states ?
this is a defence on its own ...untill the all american s.s. bush law introduced
the patroite act ....
why did the cop not do them in right there ? perhaps he had 1000 pounds in his trunk and was throwing a curve ball at some crzy lesbo who refused to suk him off ? fo a 27 in a 25 speeding ticket
my guess .. hes a fan of THE WIRE
is she a freaking terrorist ? i thinks not

we all need to rethink our rights . and other peoples

if you have condemed these people already

FUK YOU ! GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY

THE PEOPLE RUN THE GOV AND VOTE , AND .... THE GOV DOES AS IT FUKING PLEASES ...ITS OUR FAULT

WHO HERE CONDIMED BUSH FOR 5 YEARS ????????/
I MY SELF WILL QUILTY FOR A FULL 40
HOW ABOUT CLINTON

MISSY HAS NOT IN-HELD

for fuk sake think people

guilty till proven innocent ???????
home of the S>S.

and think , many people are being directed to this link when they google her name now

smoke dont smoke ...
be a fking patriot of justice .....
or we will all be hung !

PARTY IN BOSTON HARBOR , 4TH OF JULY BIATCHHES !

smoke brakes

Monkey
May 18, 2007
one step closer to the lord
oh yea
you can be damn sure office standankle will be at the bottom of your local mountain waitin for your dumb ass to be driving home in the following weeks ... , hes gonna pull ya because your rack covers your plate , then hes gonna search your boottom bracket ....( its almost worth it - i dont clean my bottom that often !)
all because , he read this **** on google and his comanding said so , but most of all because he had no friends in high school , hes short , still has pock marks from pimples , has - had no friends , his wife is blowing the neighbor(shes pretty hot actually- dumb btch) ----- (have i mentioned how much i really like cops ?)----- he cant get it up at night , got herpes from the local crack ho , had his ass kick daily for wearing hi waters .. get it ....
officer bill brady does not want you to have fun !

any who be careful out there kids ,
its gonna keep raining for a while , keep your bottom brackets , handle bars , seat post
sealed ...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

But really? I'm a hypocrite? What I've done and what she did are equivalent in your eyes? You seem to have a lot of trouble with perspective and proportion.
Yes, yes you are.

But not because you inhaled an illegal substance, but because you seem to believe that you can be just a little bit pregnant.

When you apply the situation to yourself it's not so black and white is it ?

ojaiDH

Chimp
Jun 20, 2009
dream land

I don't mean to jump into anything personal here, but where do you think the "hit or two" came from? And yes I've smoked more pot than most, no I haven't smoked in years now, I do think that it should be legal, and sorry to say Missy, 400lbs? what were you thinking?

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i would not want anyone here on my jury !
you have no knowledge of states evidence , no one has questioned why an officer found her suspicious and called the dea ?
had the car followed for how many days ? across how many states ?
this is a defence on its own ...untill the all american s.s. bush law introduced
the patroite act ....
why did the cop not do them in right there ? perhaps he had 1000 pounds in his trunk and was throwing a curve ball at some crzy lesbo who refused to suk him off ? fo a 27 in a 25 speeding ticket
my guess .. hes a fan of THE WIRE
is she a freaking terrorist ? i thinks not

we all need to rethink our rights . and other peoples

if you have condemed these people already

FUK YOU ! GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY

THE PEOPLE RUN THE GOV AND VOTE , AND .... THE GOV DOES AS IT FUKING PLEASES ...ITS OUR FAULT

WHO HERE CONDIMED BUSH FOR 5 YEARS ????????/
I MY SELF WILL QUILTY FOR A FULL 40
HOW ABOUT CLINTON

MISSY HAS NOT IN-HELD

for fuk sake think people

guilty till proven innocent ???????
home of the S>S.

and think , many people are being directed to this link when they google her name now

smoke dont smoke ...
be a fking patriot of justice .....
or we will all be hung !

PARTY IN BOSTON HARBOR , 4TH OF JULY BIATCHHES !
wow you are an idiot. 1st off...DEA, homeland security etc have way more jurisdiction than you have any idea of. Just because they got tipped off that there MIGHT be something going on involving massive amounts of illegal substances...that's reasonable cause enough. no warrant needed. This was in effect BEFORE Bush, oh and by the way something pertaining to jurisdiction and reasonable cause actually doesn't pass by the president's desk believe it or not. SS? almost. but you have to remember it's only to the point where people don't notice or can just accept it. any more than that and the public would lose it's marbles... either way, you don't need to know what kind of power they have or what they are doing and neither does anyone else unless you are on their radar. aka transporting/selling drugs, weapons, aliens etc. Nothing will change any of that... complain about Bush all your want, get a hard on for Obama and think that things will be ok...it doesn't matter, "they" do what they want regardless. trust me on that, I have first hand knowledge of it. bottom line... i HIGHLY DOUBT the drugs were planted, they have no reason to plant them on Missy, she got caught with it, end of story.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
if missy was selling crack, i might agree with some of the sentiment on this thread, but marijuana??? c'mon people, stop being so ignorant. it is much less harmful or addictive than cigarettes or alcohol.

weed should be legal, and sold at the grocery store for $1.89/lb right next to the lettuce.
this is just stupid that she is going down for something that shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

if you're argument is that she should pay the price for doing something illegal, than get the fyck off your mountain bike, as the best mountain bike trails were made illegally.

mountain biking was founded by pot heads living on the fringe of society, and it is the pot heads that are progressing this sport.

Wow, there's no way you weren't hi when you came up with that logic...
:stop:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA

No I think your missing my point.

At some time someone (or a group of people) had to risk there necks while growing/packaging/trafficking the load of drugs that your small sample came from. All to give you the ability to say "nah, it's not for me".

People like Missy and her buddy risked their personal freedom and gave you the ability to "experiment" with things that would either be "right" for you, or "wrong" for you. What if weed had suited your life style better, you probably wouldn't be wishing DEATH for people and hating like you are.

So, in your eyes, it's fine for people like Missy to risk it all while your in experimental mode, but because you realized weed was "not your thing" they should now all rot in jail for there contributions??? This is the definition of being a hypocrite.

And no, supplying or selling weed is not the equivalent of smoking the couple harmless bowls you puffed, but you would've never been able to personally experiment and make your own choice if it hadn't been for risk takers like Missy. So no, I don't have any trouble with perspective or judging proportion when it comes to your situation.

In another era, you would've been one of the brainwashed fools supporting death for blasphemy and cheering on the witch hunts with a pitch fork and torch. Or even now, maybe head off to one of the countries that allows and promotes brutally beating of wives for conviction of adultery... they're all the laws of the land, right? And after all, these laws (as someone here mentioned) hold society together, right?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Wow, there's no way you weren't hi when you came up with that logic...
:stop:
No, not really.

The quantifiers of society love to take credit for the qualifiers, but the truth is (for the most part) that the root of his argument is true!

WHY IS THE DEFAULT OVERTYPE, IT SHOULD ALWAYS DEFAULT TO INSERT! WTF RANDOM RANT!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I believe 'people with car alarms' should be a lot closer to the extreme douchebag end of the scale (along with judgemental sheep) - but maybe thats only because I live in NYC.

Especially those with that 20-alarms-in-one BS alarm that makes me violent despite my passive nature.{Bweep Bweep Neenoo Nenoo Nenoo Bwaaaarp Bwaaarp Bwaaap, Nah Naah Nah Naaah Na Naaah, Bwoooooooooooop BwooooooooooP Bwooooooop.................)

ANOTHER RANT (This one slightlyt less random)

FREE MISSY!

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
bingo. I've lived in 5 different states (and different regions within some of them) on both coasts of the US. I've met more mountain bikers that are tokers than aren't. So you "clean livin" wankers are the exception, not the rule.

Also, busted for drugs or not Missy is still faster than 99% of the people here.
e-riding square joes... the bane of RideMonkey.

"selling drugs" is bad, but GlaxoSmithKline is good?

the ignorance of some RM members astounds me, but I chalk it up to e-riders who buy bikes to pose on the internet, or at the trailhead.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
e-riding square joes... the bane of RideMonkey.

"selling drugs" is bad, but GlaxoSmithKline is good?

the ignorance of some RM members astounds me, but I chalk it up to e-riders who buy bikes to pose on the internet, or at the trailhead.
I don't really think that percentages of mountain bikers that smoke weed or the fact that Missy is faster than many here really have anything to do with people that don't smoke...suddenly they are "the bane of RM?" I see what you're trying to say I guess, but don't really see how you arrived at that conclusion.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
your jurisprudential knowledge is a black hole

laws are not always correct, they are designed to protect the powerful and rich, not to keep a society running well.

why is pot illegal? because it's one of the best mellow-out substances available, superior to most anti-depressants and tranquilizers for many, many people. if it were legal, Big Pharma would have HUGE losses.

pot is not illegal because it's dangerous.

pot is not illegal because the people who use it are dangerous.

pot is not illegal because the growers and sellers are murderous sociopaths.

it's illegal because if it were legal, a lot of businesses would lose money.

end of story.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
I don't really think that percentages of mountain bikers that smoke weed or the fact that Missy is faster than many here really have anything to do with people that don't smoke...suddenly they are "the bane of RM?" I see what you're trying to say I guess, but don't really see how you arrived at that conclusion.
that's okay. you don't have to see it. I didn't say everyone had to agree. but if you want to know -- it's already been said. potheads were a strong originating force in MTB riding, in trail building, and they continue to be a strong presence in riding MTBs generally.

of all the super-talented riders I've known and ridden with, the % who are not burners is under 10%.

the people I see criticizing Missy Giove, or Myles Rockwell, or anyone who has anything to do with pot are not using any sort of logic, or rationale. they are using black/white dichotomies that reflect a childish view, an immaturity, and a total ignorance of how laws are made and enforced in America. that sort of childish selfishness is what I see as a strong personality factor in all the e-riding poseurs I've met in my lifetime.

while the USA is murdering Iraqis --innocent Iraqis-- by the millions, a huge immorality which has broken hundreds of international laws... and which is unConstitutional and therefore agains American laws... the DEA is busting people for pot transport?

on the scale of human troubles, of problems caused -- how is this really the big evil? the only way to see it as a big evil is to have a black/white view on pot, an ignorant view, a childish view, an authoritarian view.

but I realize, a lot of people are terrified of freedom -- especially the freedom for others to do something that the frightened freedom-fearer doesn't approve of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.