Quantcast

Minute 3 travel problem.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I have a fairly new MInute 3 that is supposed to have 100-130 mm of travel, but it is only getting 110 mm of max travel.

I have checked the oil levels in the bottom and top, and still can't get anymore travel.

Mabye the wind-down is broke?

Anyone?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
send it in to manitou

That's the only response I get when I ask questions like this. Have you checked the air pressure (it is SPV right?) Maybe you've got too much pressure and it's gettting locked out at the upper end of the travel.

Can you remove the spring/air and compress the fork farther?

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I let the air outta both sides and I only get 110 mm.

I called them today, and that's what they said. Send it back!!!

But I told them I will live with it till this winter, cause I can't miss riding because of 20mm of travel.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
What if you let the air out and compress the fork then let the air out that has compressed, kind of giving it negative pressure.

I'm just wondering if it's locking up because of air or oil or a hard bottom out on a piece of hardware inside the fork. Really these things aren't that complicated there's got to be a simple reason why it's not getting full travel, other than the off hand possiblity that they put the wrong guts in it.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
It's definatly hitting something hard, has nothing to do with air. The guy at Manitou said it might have the shim stacks in the wrong order.

I'll just send the damn thing in.