Quantcast

Middleburn RS7 or Truvativ Holzfeller

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
Pretty much just wanting to add something here. Gonna get one or the other. I have a set of Holz, so lets hear why I should try the RS7s.

Also, I'm considering running a single 26t in front. Is there a clean way to do that w/ a bashring/guide on the RS7s?

Anyone else here besides me @ 8:00pm on July 3rd?

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
nice. im liking all the nice colored chainring bolts and headset spacers. maybe ill get some of those.maybe some of those self extracting crank bolts too. those will work with isis right. thought i heard somewhere self extracting ones only work with sqaure taper. and is there any sacrifice for using ti crank bolts as for strength. cause the gold ti-nitride makes em look cooler then just having colors. yeah im bad for wanting something just cause it looks cool. i know it. you can punish me however you like.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
DHracer1067 said:
thought i heard somewhere self extracting ones only work with sqaure taper.
Think XTR!

DHracer1067 said:
. and is there any sacrifice for using ti crank bolts as for strength. .
I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but I would be wary of using Ti to torque the cranks down. What I would do is use the standard bolts when mounting the cranks - once they are on remove them and replace with the Ti ones.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Im looking at replacing my SHATTY firex cranks. Where can I get middleburns? Also I work at a shop so is there anyway I can get somekind of discount or am i stuck paying retail?

thanks and how do they compare to XTR cranks? im also considering them or saint cranks on my list.