Quantcast

Michelle Dumaresq irides for 'Santa Cruz'?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
GravityFreakTJ said:
....if your uncle was Snoop Dogg foshizzle my nizzle...
Werd up beeeyach!

Actually I am assuming (and in this case it's true) that a lot of hermaphrodites are transgendered and were born with both male and female sex organs but with only one sexual identity (male OR female). But mostly I am opposing the negative comments made about a person who is facing so much adversity to begin with. I just thought that by 2004 most people were over the whole "being gay is a choice" mentality. I just can't help but think how hard it would be to deal with being gay or transgendered or hermaphrodite etc. and therefore I don't understand peoples childish comments. but this horse is dead...so as I suggested earlier lets move on and keep our outdated opinions to ourselves :dead:

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
I'm all for the XX/XY chromosome determining your class as well. That's how they do it in the olympics and I'd think they put some time and thought into it.

Waiting until Dumaresque starts winning seems like a really poor way to handle it. If you wait until beating the women becomes an issue then you have changed the issue from whether or not a transgendered athlete has the right to compete in the womens class to one of speed. You wouldn't let a slow guy compete in the womens pro class then kick him out when he started winning finally, this is no different.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
punkassean said:
I also find it strange that SC has only one rider outside of a team. How long have they been sponsoring Michelle? But then again is Cameron Zinc on a team? Or is he even still sponsored by SC?
There was an article on her on nsmb. Sc sponsored her sometime last year...

As for being competetive. As far as I have been told she basically walked in a destroyed the female racers in Canada.

And yes, I believe homosexuality is a CHOICE!

YOur not born gay, but because of life experiences, you become gay.
Not much to discuss as this is personal opinion. I don't believe it is choice. One of my best friends tried being straight and hated it, the whole time I knew he was gay. He then went "bi" and kind of liked it but is now happiest gay. I just don't see that as a choice seeing as he had about as straight laced a life as I know. I also knew a couple of lesbians with no 'life experiences' to 'turn' them gay.

I agree punk, I can't believe people still believe it is a choice. Really sad actually that we are still that backwards.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Why is it that the one with the "problem" is the one causing all the problems. I could care less what anybody wants to be.

I know I am not a race asking everyone if they are gay, or he-she's, or whatever.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
punkassean said:
I just can't help but think how hard it would be to deal with being a hermaphrodite etc.:dead:
Yeah, imagine sitting home alone on a Friday night with nothing to do, and
Whamo, you just realize that you have both sexual organs at your disposal.
Sounds like a party to me. :blah:

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Jeremy R said:
I never thought of that.

Something I need to look into.

:)

But then i'll want to race in the women's class. And i'll be pro within a year!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
bradical said:
This thread has too much writing for me to read.

And Acadian... that beating a dead horse smiley was choice.... well done
Dead horses are meant to be beaten, thats why we have the internet :D

Once again, which brakes are best ;)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jeremy R said:
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH :D

(says to himself)
youre pretty cute...come around here often? oh yeah what's your name?...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jesus said:
Why is it that the one with the "problem" is the one causing all the problems. I could care less what anybody wants to be.

I know I am not a race asking everyone if they are gay, or he-she's, or whatever.
that raises a question...did Michelle disclose this info or did someone from her past leak it later? I don't think anybody would have asked when she signed up to race.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Roasted said:
I agree punk, I can't believe people still believe it is a choice. Really sad actually that we are still that backwards.
Whether it's by mental illness, or a result of enviroment, that doesn't necessarily make it a "choice", but that doesn't make it "normal" either.

For a long time it was considered a mental illness till the '70s when a coup happened at a major psychologist meeting. Despite evidence for both sides of the issue, I don't feel it is as clear cut as people make it, and I'll be DAMNED if someone tries to single me out for my beliefs on the subject.

Chachi

Chimp
Apr 13, 2002
Jm_ said:
Whether it's by mental illness, or a result of enviroment, that doesn't necessarily make it a "choice", but that doesn't make it "normal" either.

For a long time it was considered a mental illness till the '70s when a coup happened at a major psychologist meeting. Despite evidence for both sides of the issue, I don't feel it is as clear cut as people make it, and I'll be DAMNED if someone tries to single me out for my beliefs on the subject.
Yeah, for sure it is a choice. I can just imagine all those pre-homos sitting around one day thinking, "Damn, I should be gay! That way I will be ostracized by my family, friends, co-workers and society. Hopefully I will be discriminated against and the religious zealots will try to cure my sin! Not only that, maybe I will get beaten senseless for being gay! What an excellent idea! This is a choice I am going to happy with for sure!”

As for the metal illness angle, alternative sexual lifestyles are only considered mental illnesses if they cause distress to the individual or cause some sort of harm. Otherwise, they aren’t mental illnesses. Check the DSM-IV-TR…the details are all there.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Chachi said:
Yeah, for sure it is a choice. I can just imagine all those pre-homos sitting around one day thinking, "Damn, I should be gay! That way I will be ostracized by my family, friends, co-workers and society. Hopefully I will be discriminated against and the religious zealots will try to cure my sin! Not only that, maybe I will get beaten senseless for being gay! What an excellent idea! This is a choice I am going to happy with for sure!”

As for the metal illness angle, alternative sexual lifestyles are only considered mental illnesses if they cause distress to the individual or cause some sort of harm. Otherwise, they aren’t mental illnesses. Check the DSM-IV-TR…the details are all there.
can you read? I didn't say it was a choice... :rolleyes:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Chachi said:
and you know that is BS. A pedophile is still a pedophile, even if he doesn't harm any kids...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Chachi said:
Yeah, for sure it is a choice. I can just imagine all those pre-goths sitting around one day thinking, "Damn, I should be goth! That way I will be ostracized by my family, friends, co-workers and society. Hopefully I will be discriminated against and the religious zealots will try to cure my sin! Not only that, maybe I will get beaten senseless for being goth! What an excellent idea! This is a choice I am going to happy with for sure!”

Just changed a few words there for a little fun...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
punkassean said:
that raises a question...did Michelle disclose this info or did someone from her past leak it later? I don't think anybody would have asked when she signed up to race.
ummm..don't they check the birth certs? I thought that was how. But the interview I read was a long time ago...either that or the top 3 or 4 found out and started complaining to the authorities.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
crashing_sux said:
I'm all for the XX/XY chromosome determining your class as well. That's how they do it in the olympics and I'd think they put some time and thought into it.

Waiting until Dumaresque starts winning seems like a really poor way to handle it. If you wait until beating the women becomes an issue then you have changed the issue from whether or not a transgendered athlete has the right to compete in the womens class to one of speed. You wouldn't let a slow guy compete in the womens pro class then kick him out when he started winning finally, this is no different.
my thoughts exactly....D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
:monkey:
Jm_ said:
Despite evidence for both sides of the issue, I don't feel it is as clear cut as people make it, and I'll be DAMNED if someone tries to single me out for my beliefs on the subject.
i'd say you're doing a fine job of that on yr own.

and jesus, i find yr opinions of this matter not to coincide w/ mine, so i'm done w/ any purchases from you.

btw, BS - goth rules! i think i'll cue up some Current 93 right now. :monkey:

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
There is a lot of hate and vitriolic lies being spread in this thread. For some reason it seems like trannies and midgets are the last exceptable prejudices. People should grow the **** up...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Did I get lost and trip into the Political Debate forum?

I can't believe this went from a question about SC sponsering Michelle to whether or not being gay is a choice :rolleyes:

LL, that was classic :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
SuspectDevice said:
For some reason it seems like trannies and midgets are the last exceptable prejudices.

Oh, so now we cant even make fun of midgets?

WTF is this world coming to?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
SuspectDevice said:
yeah, its only okay now to make fun of fat, slow, substance abusers.... :love:
WOW - this really has turned into the political debate forum, now we're talking about Rush Limbaugh...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
LOL, that is the first time I have seen a pic of her. You guys are funny. Id bet a TON that if she showed up at your local hill and you didn't know she used to be a dude, you'd be like, "How you doin?"

The only thing you'd see is blonde hair on a chick that rides and that'd be good enough for at least 1/2 of ya.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Damn True said:
LOL, that is the first time I have seen a pic of her. You guys are funny. Id bet a TON that if she showed up at your local hill and you didn't know she used to be a dude, you'd be like, "How you doin?"

The only thing you'd see is blonde hair on a chick that rides and that'd be good enough for at least 1/2 of ya.
Now now, let's not be all uppity here. You know you'd hit it.