Quantcast

Michelin DH mud 3

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
How does the DH mud 3 compare to the Maxxis Wet Scream???? I have a chance to get a set for dirt cheap. I just want to have them for when the conditions are the ****s at the races.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The rubber is not as good at wet's in 42a so they tend to slide on roots. I'd go for 2.5'' wetscream 42a and buy 2 pairs so you can have one for cutting down. They simply rock and when I'll have some spare cash I'm jumping on the cutscream wagon myself.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
my opinion on it would be if you can get them for super cheep then go for it. ride them and if they don't rock your socks go grab some of the maxxiss

(what is the plural form or maxxis any way?)

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Ya.......I have a buddy who's a engineer at a Michelin plant. He's getting me 2 Mud 3's for $10 a piece.......pretty cheap.
I've heard that Wetscreams are crap on roots and rock too. It must have something to do with the massively long spikes. I run minions ( which are awesome in the wet) so these will be used for races only when the conditions are way worse then you would normally ever ride.

Aug 11, 2009
halifax
Ya.......I have a buddy who's a engineer at a Michelin plant. He's getting me 2 Mud 3's for $10 a piece.......pretty cheap.
I've heard that Wetscreams are crap on roots and rock too. It must have something to do with the massively long spikes. I run minions ( which are awesome in the wet) so these will be used for races only when the conditions are way worse then you would normally ever ride.
Dude at a tenner each, why are you even asking? Buy em and try em. :)

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
If you don't like them I'll buy them off you for the same price and cover shipping, makes the choice a litte easier.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
They're much better in deep mud than a wetscream IMHO, they're narrower, and spikier, and will cut through the slop to find some grip where a wetscream (especially the 2.5s) will be floating around on top of it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Here's a thought. When a buddy at a very stringent German manufacturing company gives you a bro deal, how's about keeping it a secret so he doesn't get canned. :rolleyes:I called Sunline yesterday to ask a question about trying to figure out if my bars, stem or both were bent and how to figure out the culprit...and I'm pretty sure Bobby already knew I'd done it.

Forums get people in deep dookie more than you think. I was told by a friend that I have a "disruptive" presense on the forums and I haven't posted on here in a year until a few months ago. :rofl:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Here's a thought. When a buddy at a very stringent German manufacturing company gives you a bro deal, how's about keeping it a secret so he doesn't get canned. :rolleyes:I called Sunline yesterday to ask a question about trying to figure out if my bars, stem or both were bent and how to figure out the culprit...and I'm pretty sure Bobby already knew I'd done it.

Forums get people in deep dookie more than you think. I was told by a friend that I have a "disruptive" presense on the forums and I haven't posted on here in a year until a few months ago. :rofl:

How about putting your foot in your mouth. First of all Michelin is a French company, second they have a store at all their plants where they sell all kinds of **** to their employees. If an employee wants to buy the tires and gift them to me thats his own business. Get a grip dude!!!! Do you think I'd go online and divulge top secret info and get my buddy fired???? If yer gonna call someone out like that at least get your facts straight.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
How about putting your foot in your mouth. First of all Michelin is a French company, second they have a store at all their plants where they sell all kinds of **** to their employees. If an employee wants to buy the tires and gift them to me thats his own business. Get a grip dude!!!! Do you think I'd go online and divulge top secret info and get my buddy fired???? If yer gonna call someone out like that at least get your facts straight.
why do you need internet peoples opinons on 10 dollar mud tires when your friend is an engineer at the company? why cant you ask him questions on the tire since he should know whats up! and lastly if your getting them for 10 a piece from your friend just do it, and keep it quite.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
why do you need internet peoples opinons on 10 dollar mud tires when your friend is an engineer at the company? why cant you ask him questions on the tire since he should know whats up! and lastly if your getting them for 10 a piece from your friend just do it, and keep it quite.

The plant he works at makes 10 foor tall monster dump truck tires. That means he knows as much about DH tires as you and me.
Ya from now on I should just keep my questions to myself and not use RideMonkey............good call. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The 2.5''s have thicker spikes which helps them over roots and rocks. I was suprised after I went from 2.2 to 2.5''

please tell me what tires dont slide on wet muddy roots please. ill take 2.
Besides huchinson barracuda in 35a that clogs itself in heavy mud and isn't really a mud tire none but wet's slide LESS on roots than muds and if you slide on wetscreams you'll probably also slide on muds.