Quantcast

Meanwhile in montreal...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Damn, that's rough.

Is the 'rear driver always at fault' thing in a rear end collision not such religion in canadia?

I mean at a certain point, you kinda need to look for brake lights. And a harley can stop much quicker than a car.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Damn, that's rough.

Is the 'rear driver always at fault' thing in a rear end collision not such religion in canadia?

I mean at a certain point, you kinda need to look for brake lights. And a harley can stop much quicker than a car.

Might not have been brake lights as the driver was out of the car and Harley's stop waaaaaay slower than any post 1970's car. The brakes on them especially the older ones seriously suck.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
She was stupid. Given...but maybe the biker was driving too fast for conditions? Following too close? Kinda looks to me like a "the dead can do no wrong" case.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
She was stupid. Given...but maybe the biker was driving too fast for conditions? Following too close? Kinda looks to me like a "the dead can do no wrong" case.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
No Def not following too close.... she was out of the vehicle well before he ran into her, so more likely inattention IMO.

However as this is the interwebz I feel that I should refrain from commenting like that and restrict myself to the following retort;

How dare you speak ill of the dead you insensitive prick!!!!!! :rant:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Pauline Volikakis, who lost her husband and daughter in the crash, stressed she had not pushed for charges against Czornobaj and was unable even to say whether she considered it a good thing the trial was held.
typical CDN

do you lot not rage?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah I'm not sure how she is being held 100% responsible. I believe they also determined that the bike was speeding. So it does seem somewhat amiss.
I've got to admit to no small amount of confusion over this story. Maybe she acted stupidly, but is there no onus on the operator of the motorcycle in this case?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Story also says eyewitnesses saw the harley rider throw up the WTF hand gesture. I feel band for the daughter, but dude sounds like a ****ing moron.

Other vehicles avoided collision, dude has time to give petulant reaction, still manages to kill himself and daughter. Woman was a moron for stopping in a lane.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Might not have been brake lights as the driver was out of the car and Harley's stop waaaaaay slower than any post 1970's car. The brakes on them especially the older ones seriously suck.
:stupid: The witness said no hazards stopped ON THE HIGHWAY. Yes, the bike should have seen the car, but still. Had she pulled to the side to wrangle the ducks, the bike might have hit her instead saving the 2 riders.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Sorry, if you rear-end someone stopped in your lane, you were traveling too fast, or following the person in front of you too quickly, or both. I've gotten rear-ended while stopped for construction, and I've *almost* gotten rear-ended multiple times on the highway for congestion... I have ZERO sympathy for the idiot motorcyclist who was (apparently) both speeding *and* tailgating the car in front of him. It's just too bad he had to take his daughter out with him when he went.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
It's just too bad he had to take his daughter out with him when he went.
at the risk of being indelicate: was it, though? my take: she was likely receiving most of her riding instruction from this fool, and perhaps it would just be a matter of time where she herself would have inflicted tragedy upon herself & others.

i choose to see the silver lining: there's somebody on the market, and grieving. unscabbard your sword & grab a sixer of labatts!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
at the risk of being indelicate: was it, though? my take: she was likely receiving most of her riding instruction from this fool, and perhaps it would just be a matter of time where she herself would have inflicted tragedy upon herself & others.

i choose to see the silver lining: there's somebody on the market, and grieving. unscabbard your sword & grab a sixer of labatts!
I admire your consistency

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252705&p=3986723&viewfull=1#post3986723

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

These things usually tend to sort themselves out....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm reserving judgement until it's clear if the ducks were in the crosswalk at the time she stopped.