Quantcast

May 14: Shed ride, then beer/music festival?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
http://www.mdbeerfest.com/index.htm

For anyone not hitting up the Massanutten DH Race, this festival was fun last year. Nothing like earning a thirst in the 'shed, then chilling out to music and craft brews. The site doesn't have the music schedule up yet, but Baltimorians will recognize Jah Works and the Kelly Bell Band who are among the intoxicated-friendly acts scheduled to play. Last year, I enjoyed pedaling to the event from my buddy's house in Frederick after the ride, getting hammered at the fest, then biking on back afterwards right past the cops. I'd like to hit up one of the monkeyfests that are held, but they are unfortunately all too far away from here.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Dhextremecb said:
Was beer the reason you stood up your partner for the Reading Freeride race last weekend?
LOL, no that was because I'm a complete moron. Who makes a post about the race and still think's its held on a sunday like most races.....I was sooo pissed at myself when I found out it WAS saturday, I really wanted to go now I have to wait till May 14th to race (yes I know it's a saturday). Next time im going to put it on my phone in events, mark my calender and triple check everything because without that I'm appearently lost in the world. I heard they were pairing people up so I hope he got someone good... cuz I'm not.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Something similar happened to me like that when I used to go to camp. I went to this basketball camp that went from 8-12, and I thought it was at 9 o'clock so I was showing up everyday at 9. Everyone would be like did you over sleep and what not. When I found out it was at 8, 1.) i was pissed because now I have to be there for 4 hours and 2.) I felt soooooooo dumb. Haha. Double checking stuff sometimes can be good.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
good thing goofy stepped in for replacement, ooopps... i thought it was sunday!?

i guess the flier wasn't big enough since your obviously not from PA, riders against talkers...

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
whale said:
good thing goofy stepped in for replacement, ooopps... i thought it was sunday!?

i guess the flier wasn't big enough since your obviously not from PA, riders against talkers...

Are you a ****ing moron? I already explained myself so get off my back and FYI I did go riding that day not talkin it up like you are...I hear that team XXL action is real hot tho..

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
rpk1988 said:
Something similar happened to me like that when I used to go to camp. I went to this basketball camp that went from 8-12, and I thought it was at 9 o'clock so I was showing up everyday at 9. Everyone would be like did you over sleep and what not. When I found out it was at 8, 1.) i was pissed because now I have to be there for 4 hours and 2.) I felt soooooooo dumb. Haha. Double checking stuff sometimes can be good.
One time, when I was in band camp....

Oct 11, 2004
Frederick, MD
Thats Mountain Creek opening day. Humm beer or downhill, downhill or beer. One is a 10 minute bike ride well 15 now that half of Carroll Creek is closed and th eother is 4.5 hours. Decision decision

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
NotQuiteJdm said:
Are you a ****ing moron? I already explained myself so get off my back and FYI I did go riding that day not talkin it up like you are...I hear that team XXL action is real hot tho..
awwww... so sensitive! let me start a new thread screaming and hollering like a 2 year old about how people pick on me because i talk so much trash on the intarweb. take a chill pill dude, i'm throwing your own smart a** comments back at you and you can't take it?

incidentally, i was laughing at you the day you were riding the shed and couldn't keep the grips on your bike.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
well, i am pretty damn hot. and you wouldn't believe the amount of action i get because i spend so much time talking and not riding. :thumb:

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
sorry man I did not mean to derail.............

Don't hate the player hate the game............

:-)

That weekend is a big one

You have the race at Mass.
This beer festival
and I the 101 chili cook off

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
SDH said:

This beer festival
It's also opening day at Mountain Creek/Diablo.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
DamienC said:
It's also opening day at Mountain Creek/Diablo.
No to mention the start of the 12 hours of Lodi farms is that night and I have baseball tickets.

F**k it, the Shed and some beer sound better than the other options.

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
whale said:
awwww... so sensitive! let me start a new thread screaming and hollering like a 2 year old about how people pick on me because i talk so much trash on the intarweb. take a chill pill dude, i'm throwing your own smart a** comments back at you and you can't take it?

incidentally, i was laughing at you the day you were riding the shed and couldn't keep the grips on your bike.
I started a new thread so i can see how you people really are all E* ass kissing aside and so that guys thread wasn't highjacked, NONE of this bothers me and I ..I'm glad you've been following my posts around to scrounge the comments. BTW who were you at the shed?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
there's also the dominion beerfest (http://www.olddominion.com/pg/BeerFest) June 24, 25, & 26 at the brewery in Ashburn. i've missed the last 2, but the ones i attended before that were excellent. brewers from all over the mid-atlantic were representin'

the only riding nearby is the W&OD, but it's still a pretty damn good time.

viva la hate!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
corey_dcstreet said:
there's also the dominion beerfest (http://www.olddominion.com/pg/BeerFest) June 24, 25, & 26 at the brewery in Ashburn. i've missed the last 2, but the ones i attended before that were excellent. brewers from all over the mid-atlantic were representin'

the only riding nearby is the W&OD, but it's still a pretty damn good time.

viva la hate!
Man, when I lived in Shirlington, the W&OD started real close to my apartment. Only once did I make it all the way out to Purcellville. My longest out-and-back was Shirlington to a little further than Reston and back. They were having an Oktoberfest outdoor drinking thing at the Town Center, so the ride back was interesting. The Dominion Beerfest is awesome, so I may have to check it out again this year. :devil:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
SDH said:

This beer festival
http://www.dc101.com/calendar/calendar.cgi?month=5&view=Event&event_id=810
$25 for Chevelle, Papa Roach, Trust Company, Carbon Leaf, Tony C. & the Truth, etc.

Damn. This is one of the reasons I love Summer so much- the fun options are almost limitless. As much as I enjoy the Chili Cookoff, I have to vote local and go with the beer fest. If I ride, I just won't be able to get to the Chili Cookoff in time...plus, I'll spend maybe $25 total at the fest for beer, music AND munchies. I'd still have to buy gas, food and beer on top of the $25 admission for the cookoff. My guess is you're voting with your peter, SDH, as I would have to give the nod to the Cookoff regarding total volume of intoxicated and barely-dressed young ladies. Am I right? :devil: