Quantcast

Mavic EX 823... Discontinued?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Called Mavic to order some new rims (823s), dude said they were discontinued and they haven't named/priced it's replacement yet. So a new rim in the works?
Anyone have any info?
Now I gotta find new rims for the new wheelset.... without 823's I'm lost...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
They still show it on their site. Would be interesting to see if they come out with something new. Mine has lasted really well and better than 729s.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
"None in stock. We've changed them for 2012 so they're gonna be a bit different and maybe renamed." -Mavic

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
"item in stock, 98.7% of our items.....etc." @ 3 rims
Thanks for that, but you're missing the point of the thread. I don't need help trying to find rims... point is Mavic is revising/replacing the 823...
That's exciting, is it not?

Last edited:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Whatever, ya'll a bunch of doo-doo pies. Mavic told me they're revising the 823, if it's just new stickers then that's lame, you're correct, but that's not how he made it sound on the phone.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Hmmmm.... would be cool if the new rim retains it's strength but is as light or lighter than the first version.

I would love to have a UST rim for trail riding that is larger than the 819 but not as heavy as the 'current' 823.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
823's get a sticker change only.

Some of the dealers already have them. and they are just getting new stickers

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Am I the only one to notice that pricepoint seems to be selling old 823s? Old stickers and claimed weight?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Am I the only one to notice that pricepoint seems to be selling old 823s? Old stickers and claimed weight?
I've noticed Pricepoint does that with a lot of stuff. SAINT! 75% Off!....2006

They must raid companies basements for out dated, but new, parts. Not bad if you're looking for a deal really.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Funny, I called and asked them before I ordered my set. They were the most current stickers. Guys said they just forgot to update the image on their site.
Too bad. Imho the old ones were better. They were lighter by a fair bit and I have no problems with them being weak. I may be only 160lb but my rear old 823 has 2.5 seasons in it and Im heavy on my wheels. Fortunately I have a spare old 823 if anything happens.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I'm not saying they miss brand anything, just that sometimes their huge percent off deals are previous generations. My previous post was just a generalization. Nothing wrong with it really, like I said if you're not picky about the latest gear it's a good way to save $$.

But if some one isn't paying attention they might not get what they think they ordered.