Quantcast

Mavic 721 or Arrow frx

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I am putting together a new wheelset for my 4x do al ht. Fork is going to be fox float rlc 15mm TA front hub is a Hadley 32h rear is going to be an azonic 36h what is the best rim for strength but not boat anchors. Anyother suggestions?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
FRX is an awesome rim. A lighter, narrower mini DHX for narrower tires. I run a 2.4 just fine, but have run up to a full 2.7 with no problems. Very beefy and need very little truing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Word. The arrow rims are bombproof and well built. The FRX is unfortunately a little small for most DH tires, and the DHX is a little heavy. If you're running anything under 2.5, the FRX is a great rim.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
finally decided to go with WTB Laserdisc FR rims. not too heavy, less expensive, lighter then 721's, lighter then Pimplites and FRX's and should work fine for my application.
plus if i ever decide to use them on a fr/dh bike I can fit a 2.5 with no problem.
the Hadley 15mm front can be converted to 20mm and I also bought a Hadley rear bolt on hub.
I have used the less expensive WTB dual duty fr rims, which are pinned and they held up pretty well.

thanks for all the input.