Quantcast

mavic 721, arrow frx any suggestions???

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I am putting together a new wheelset for my 4x do all ht. Fork is going to be fox float rlc 15mm TA front hub is a Hadley 32h rear is going to be an azonic 36h what is the best rim for strength but not boat anchors. Any other suggestions?

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
I currently use, and will always use, Pimplites on all my freeride, jump, and dh bikes. The have held up to everything and are still running strong. People say Atomlab sucks to deal with and they are heavy but I have them on a sub 25 pound dj'er so they aren't that heavy....Kind of lame having the word "pimp' on your rims though but they are money.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I run an FRX on the front of my Tonic, would have it on the rr as well but I use rims brakes. Pimp Lite on the back, which has really held up good. I have cased a lot of stuff this year and have yet to need to true it, lol, I don't even think about it actually.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I currently have 32h pimp lites front and rear on it but I am changing the fork from a pike 20mm ta to a Fox Float 15mm ta. Unless Atomlab comes out with a 15mm adapter I need to build a new front wheel. I have an extra rear hub that is brand new so I figured I would get a Hadley 15mm since Price Point has a deal on them. I was thinking of trying to go lighter then the Pimp-lites

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
finally decided to go with WTB Laserdisc FR rims. not too heavy, less expensive, lighter then 721's, lighter then Pimplites and FRX's and should work fine for my application.
plus if i ever decide to use them on a fr/dh bike I can fit a 2.5 with no problem.
the Hadley 15mm front can be converted to 20mm and I also bought a Hadley rear bolt on hub.
I have used the less expensive WTB dual duty fr rims, which are pinned and they held up pretty well.

thanks for all the input.

Last edited: