Quantcast

Massanutten

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I'll be there. I don't know about the dry track. It was real wet last year and I found it to be awfully fun! The middle section gets great traction when wet.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
I'm not *positive*, but I think this is the trail:
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-virginia/trail/PRD_170806_4585crx.aspx

In glancing through the reviews, the description by Phil Cook was the best I saw.

--JP
For anyone interested in shuttling, a bunch of us hit a really nice trail about 30 minutes west of Harrisonburg last weekend.

It was a pretty fun trail. There is a little bit of a push to get to trail 1021 but there are some steep rock chutes and good riding once you get there. Its about 3 miles of downhill trail

Some pics here

Last edited:

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I'll be there. I don't know about the dry track. It was real wet last year and I found it to be awfully fun! The middle section gets great traction when wet.

The dirt is defintely different up there. It is more sandy type soil.

A little bit dryer then last dryer and above 40 degrees :thumb:

S

seespotendo

wow after watching that video im incredibly pumped for next saturday. lol

S

seespotendo

yea... and i dont if you've checked but massanutten's website says nothing about it being canceled.

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
That is some USAC problem because i got the Email for CT area and it showed every road race and Crit in CT as cancelled - I just ignored it

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I hope that this is some kind of screw up. Like everyone else I have a small chunk of change invested for this race. Time off from work, Plane ticket, lots of last min. freight bills to get my parts on time, and somone to house sit to watch my dogs while I am gone. Of course I spend a lot of that on every race, but a weeks notice is too short to change plans and recoupe some of that cost. Why would anyone who rides so bad spend all that cash to race? Guess I just like the company. Come monday morning when I am sore and hurt from hitting trees and going over the bars several time on my race run,( every race run at Mass is like that), I fell a whole lot better than the people complaing at work from being sore and tired from cutting their grass!!!

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Definately a screw up in the email - because i just got another email from USAC showing local events except this time without the cancelled

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Signed up for sport. I wonder if its going to be yet another season of the top sport contenders finishing ahead of the experts.

I vote no on sandbaggin'.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
...Clayton Harpers board and bike shop (located in NJ) burnt down to the ground out of the blue....

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
hahaha

just in from USAC

USA Cycling Events

Due to a programming error, adding tentative events, all events were
erroneously marked as cancelled. Please excuse the error.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
Got a few questions for you guys.

When I arrive on Friday. Where do I go to get lift passes, race numbers/infromation etc.?

And also, will the go-carts be open?

and will I be able to go to the Recreation center since I will not be staying on the mountain?

Thanks,

Austin

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Fake Usac Race Cancellation Emails
makes you wonder who would gain from this..................

Everyone!!!!! Maybe they'll eventually go away and just do road cycling and quite ruining mountain biking!

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
4 of us will be heading down to break in the big bikes and have fun on a fun opener course!

If it is wet, this time I will ride AROUND that freaking mud puddle that took me out last year! LOL!

What does anyone think about racing on a 6" travel bike instead of a DH bike?
I have a Gemini and it's burly, I'm seriously considering using it, if only it was not for that very last rock garden.......

SpasticJack

Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
4 of us will be heading down to break in the big bikes and have fun on a fun opener course!

If it is wet, this time I will ride AROUND that freaking mud puddle that took me out last year! LOL!

I have a Gemini and it's burly, I'm seriously considering using it, if only it was not for that very last rock garden.......
Considering Sue H. raced it on an XC bike last year, I'd say bringing the Gemini wouldn't be a bad idea. If you bring your Sunday again, make sure you have all the bolts in it this time ;) Not that I won't have the bottomless toolbox with me of course.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

i rode a demo in 06/07 and a bottlerocket last year. i actually pulled a better time on the bottlerocket and only noticed a difference near the end of the last rock garden at the bottom when the shorter travel started to pack up a bit. i think you'd be fine on a 6" bike.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Seems as thoguht we will be getting yet another year or wet and wild Massanutten. To think I actually thought we might get lucky and miss the rain. Looks like I better pack my scuba suit.