Quantcast

Mass-holes, give me low-down on your senate race

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Outstanding.
Agree 100%. Democrats have been sitting back and letting the teabaggers dictate EVERYTHING. They've got the bully pulpit, they HAD a supermajority and they still couldn't get every one of their members to F*CKING SUCK IT UP AND VOTE FOR THE FREAKIN' BILL!! This isn't about issues, this is about incompetence. I didn't see Collins/Snowe/Graham dictating what the other 49 Republicans were going to do when GWB passed his tax cuts (in reconciliation with Cheney casting the deciding vote). When Democrats objected and filibustered judicial nominees the Republicans had sleep-ins, forcing the Democrats to get up and actually *filibuster*.

Lets face it, a generation of pussification has permanently damaged the Democrats. They finally have both houses and the White House, and what do they do? Squabble amongst themselves over whether to cowtow to a small minority both in their own party and the Republicans. FAWK!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
...you know, when this whole health care things fails, I'm just going to laugh. I feel Obama is probably a good, intelligent guy but naive and perhaps unprepared. Stewart put it well the other night, talking about how GWB did "whatever the f*ck he wanted" without a huge majority in the house or senate. Why in the hell do you need a filibuster-proof majority to pass every single thing?
Manipulate the media, wag the dog, get Colin Powell in front of the UN with his health insurance bill, blackmail someone, kill an intern... I don't give a sh*t, but quit being totally useless. Don't just concede everything to the point that when you do get a bill to pass, it's not completely worthless. What would have been wrong with putting in some of those things republicans wanted in the healthcare bill? Eliminating in-state only insurance, make billing transparent, even give them tort reform just to get a few guys on-board.

These people are useless!
BTW, I still blame Bush.

I know it is an excuse, but I feel the extent that Cheney manipulated the world is one, illegal, two, destroys our long term power, and three, ignored the important things.

I think McCain would still have the same deer-in-the-headlights look, partly because he would not wield authority like a nightstick (and that instead of a 30 year Senator/diplomat as a partner, he'd have a sportscaster).

I think the rest of it is simply turf wars, and with Rahm Emmanual, Biden, and Hilary on your side, I'd still be worried if I was a Republican.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I still don't know what to think about Brown:

In a six-day span just before the US Senate election, Republican Scott Brown collected nearly $450,000 from donors who work at financial companies, a sign the industry is prepared to spend heavily in the upcoming midterm elections to beat back new controls and taxes President Obama wants to impose.

The donations, from hundreds of financial executives, far exceeded what Brown received from doctors and others in the health care industry in the final days of the campaign. While Brown saw donations from all quarters explode in mid-January, as polls showed him closing fast on opponent Martha Coakley, the donations from financial workers coincided with several key developments that would affect their companies.
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2010/02/01/late_in_senate_race_financial_sector_donations_swelled_browns_coffers/?s_campaign=8315

on the other hand...
I'm cool with my daughters posing nude, says new GOP senator
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/01/31/2010-01-31_if_i_didnt_take_it_all_off_for_cosmo_i_wouldnt_be_new_mass_senator.html