Quantcast

Manon Carpenter: is she really that fast?

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
2011 Junior World Champion
2nd at Pietermarizburg
Wins First BCS race of the season

Is this girl a legit contender for the World Cup this year? Have the other girls just not gotten up to speed yet, or been skipping rounds? Even if they are, that's not much of an excuse, as they need to be up to speed when the season starts. I have to admit that last year I kind of blew off her performances as a good rider racing against no competition. Well the women's fields aren't exactly super duper deep, but this is as good as it gets.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
She has always had the talent, she couldnt train properly last year due to exams. Now that this isnt a problem i expect her to be on the podium all season.

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
Yes she is fast and has skills as well, has a super supportive family - her dad was also very quick when he raced or enters the races. Winter just gone was the first time she has actually trained and has had help with her training via Alan Milway and Sport Wales.

However you want to look at she is quick.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
My wife saw her riding at whistler 2 yrs ago, was quick to notice the girl had some skills for her age, she is legit, proper program and equipment and she could make something in the sport.
I just picked up this canadian Girl, Holly Feniak, she has some wicked talent as well. As tough as it is for chicks to make a living these days, its nice to see there are still young girls going for it.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
My wife saw her riding at whistler 2 yrs ago, was quick to notice the girl had some skills for her age, she is legit, proper program and equipment and she could make something in the sport.
I just picked up this canadian Girl, Holly Feniak, she has some wicked talent as well. As tough as it is for chicks to make a living these days, its nice to see there are still young girls going for it.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
at a BC cup race a few years back and Holly was pinning it, she was very impressive would be good to see some strong junior ladies come and mix things up a bit

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hmmm good point, let me rephrase that. I just signed Holly Feniak to Troy Lee Designs for 2012, looking forward to having her represent the brand on the race track! haha.
She was 3rd today at the Norba National, just a couple seconds off Jill, and 4th place was over 10 seconds back (on a 3 minute track...thats ETERNITY), so very impressive for a grom.

I wish Manon would have stayed and raced up there, would have been nice to have more than a couple fast girls up there.