Quantcast

Manitou Sherman breakout

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
hey I am wondering if there is any way to raise the travel on my 2004 6 inch sherman breakout with TPC to 7 inches?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
well to start, the 04 had SPV. 03 was the last year with TPC. And i called about converting my 03 6" slider to 7" with TPC and they said no. something about length of compression assembly's. but I have also heard that you can take an already 7" spv fork and change that to TPC+ . just no way to extend the travel.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
adurham said:
hey I am wondering if there is any way to raise the travel on my 2004 6 inch sherman breakout with TPC to 7 inches?
No, this would cause the stanchions to not sit all the way into the bushings. Bad idea.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
fiddy_ryder said:
well to start, the 04 had SPV. 03 was the last year with TPC. And i called about converting my 03 6" slider to 7" with TPC and they said no. something about length of compression assembly's. but I have also heard that you can take an already 7" spv fork and change that to TPC+ . just no way to extend the travel.
The OEM BreakOuts for '04 were 150 tpc

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Spokompton said:
No, this would cause the stanchions to not sit all the way into the bushings. Bad idea.
So the lowers and stanchions are different between various models of Sherman? I was convinced that the only difference between the forks was the spring compression assembly, does anyone know anything to the contrary?

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Rik said:
So the lowers and stanchions are different between various models of Sherman? I was convinced that the only difference between the forks was the spring compression assembly, does anyone know anything to the contrary?
hmmm good point. Could be the same fork just lowered, but I'm saying be on the safe side and assume for now that it will not work.

You can also take note of where the lowers sit on the stanchions, take the lowers off and measure how far down the bushings go. IF the looke like they hav over an inch of room above the bottoms of the stanchions, then you might be able to to the mod.