Quantcast

Major pedal score!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I was just GIVEN a pair of original Shimano 636's (the red ones). I was just at my old shop and bumped into a former customer. She had the pedals on a road bike. Years ago I offered to buy them, but she said no. Well, today she asks, "Do you still want them?" I'm like hell yeah! (Thought that, not said it). I asked her what she wanted and she told me to just take them. They have only been ridden off-road a couple of times. The woman who gave them to me crashed badly shortly after getting them and decided to give up mountain biking. They only have a couple of scratches. Other than that, just some paint rubbage. I'm psyched that I have a set of pedals that will last for more than a dozen runs now!

Sory. Just had to share.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Nice to hear, although I dont run clippless its always nice to have a set of decent pedals that will at least last you the season or longer. :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Toshi said:
she had them on a ROAD bike? go figure.
She had them on a Trek Y-Glide. She crashed off the start of her first dh race, but was very fast in practice. I was sorry that she quit racing. Then she bought a road bike. She was still sketched out about clipless, but knew they were a necessity on a road bike. She used the 636's b/c they are dual sided and easier to use than most pedals. The smallness of road pedals scared the crap out of her.

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Nice.... I have had good experiences with Shimano... they treated me like a pro

My 646s had lost a part (came loose and fell off during a run). I waited till a big race, went to their booth, and they were nice enough to slap on a BRAND NEW set of 646s on for no charge. I was a happy man