Quantcast

lower VA freeride/DH

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
I'll be travelling lower VA quite a bit for my job and I'm looking for some fun places to ride on my lunch break...:D Roanoke/Martinsville area. Don't give a damn about Cross country but I'll pedal or push if it's worth it.
I'd appreciate any pm's for the good stuff.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Down near Virginia Tech (Blacksburg) there's Pandapa's Pond (Brush mountain). The VT Freeride club rode there often.. they would probably be good folks to get in contact with. :)

I know there are a few places in roanoke too, but I have never been to them.

Matt 891

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Salem, VA
Im down in the Roanoke Valley.

We have some stuff that would be worth your time. Potentially, a really fun lunch break when you think about it in those terms..

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
Thanks for the info guys.
Matt- Roanoke is less than an hour from my house. I would love to check out some stuff around there. Now if it would just quit raining...

Matt 891

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Salem, VA
yea and there is snow on the ground too..

Spring cant come fast enough for me. I know the winter sport people are living it up but Im going crazy!

Jprice6045

Chimp
May 26, 2009
ill second brush mtn. near VT...Jacob's ladder is a pretty sweet downhill about 4-5min worth from top to bottom.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Carvins cove in roanoke is pretty cool, they got one trail that has a bunch of jumps and berms. Only bad thing is you have to pedal it all, and the hills are really steep, but rideable.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Oh yea, I remember that place, it almost killed me because I was out of shape :D

If you decide to check it out, remember to get a pass. You can grab one from the bike shop "just the right gear"