Quantcast

Lower link on cove shocker.

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
Just got a Cove Shocker of the classifieds on here and need a bit of help. As it goes: when I am connecting the swing arm to the lower link I can not seem to get it tight enough, there is still slight side to side play. Does a spacer belong in there (strange), or am I just too weak? If pictures are needed let me know.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
most bikes do have some sort of spacer in that spot... i cannot speak for a cove shocker though. if there is play, either the bearing is thoroughly worn out or you're missing a spacer. email cove, they'll get things sorted for you

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
I once had a Shocker for a short period of time, loved that bike. Super solid! I am trying to remember... I think there was a spacer on each side.

More likely I think the issue may be that you simply have the wrong pivot axle down there. If you mixed them up, the shorter one may still work at the wrong pivot... but the loner one wouldn't. Thats my guess.

BMADED

Monkey
Nov 3, 2009
808 State
Yep, i called Cove and they said that there should be two spacers..washers..either or. Just stuck some old spacers from the Profiles in there, seems to be ok.