Quantcast

Lost cuff links...bike parts to the rescue!

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
This weekend as I was getting ready for a formal holiday party, I realized that I misplaced the one and only pair of cuff links that own. After the temporary bout of insanity had passed where you go and look for something in the same places over and over again, a moment of lucidity struck and I went to my box of spare bike parts. I grabbed two long chainring bolts and the matching nuts and went to work cleaning them with a rag and some isopropyl alcohol. They worked like a charm and I think I'll be keeping these in my dresser rather than returning them to the stock of spare parts.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Anyone at the party notice the links?

I also used a couple chainring bolts last week for other than the original purpose - for the vent hole grommets in my new drum. Unfortunately they ended up being too small, I later installed wider vents.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
A 5mm hex wrench and a Shimano TL-FC20 would be required to properly install and un-install the shirt.
You could stop by the LBS but then the shirt wouldn't come off for two weeks and it would be done wrong anyway.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Did you have to bust out a wrench to take your shirt off?
If by "a wrench" you mean a hot chick then...no. :disgust:

The chainring bolt cufflinks were noticed at the party but not immediately recognized as such.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
A 5mm hex wrench and a Shimano TL-FC20 would be required to properly install and un-install the shirt.
Actually it's a proprietary interface that requires the Park CL-1 tool. User-serviceability is a quality I usually look for in apparel.