Quantcast

Lord Opie,Loco,Heidi...

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
....here a couple of quick snap shots of the new bike. Will get some good pics when i have some more time. Between work and tryin to maintain 18 hrs a week on the bike time is limited,but on a bright note the training in payin off big time:rofl:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
crappy photos, but a good looking ride!

I want to say something, "like rotate them handlebars", but it looks like you've got it set up like I would.

I see you've got two cages, implying you've put on there what you want on it. No under-saddle bag. Do you carry supplies in your jersey? Are you using CO2? (no frame pump?)

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
I know they are craapy pics but i can't find the digi-cam so i had to use the cam-corder. As far as the bars they are FSA K-Wings and i love em but they are goin as soon as my new Zipp stem and bars get here:rofl: . Nope no frame pump, carry c02 and other goodies in my jersey pockets. All i can say about the bike is its flat out blazin' fast. Just outta curiosity how much bar drop you run?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
you carry it all in your jersey pockets?

I don't like stuff in my pockets except for food.

Also, if I didn't leave the stuff on my bike 24/7, I'd forget it and then be screwed.

My bars are only an inch or so below my saddle. I like leaning on my bars, ala areobars. But I like the bars rotated up/back like you seem to have 'em. Either most people prefer the hoods rotated forward/down or they come like that and people don't know any better :shrugs:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
i have tube,c02, lever rolled up in a sock and just drop it in my jersey pocket. i'm just to lazy to put a saddle bag on and a frame pump and then take it off every weekend for racing. been takin an unscientific poll on bar drop. mines alittle over 4 inches and it freaks some people out:eek:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Wumpus said:
Speaking of that, do you run a seat post mounted cage setup? I need more carrying capacity in the summer.
So my buddy Tom and I will just as often go some place different with no clue about the route. We'll just go...

I showed up one day with four bottles (100+ounces). He teased me about it. Three hours later, we're in the middle of the mountains with another hour of climbing (about 25 miles into a 30 mile, 5% climb) and he runs out of fluids.

I couldn't help but be smug when I handed him a full bottle of water. Ironically, six bottles between us still wasn't enough and we were both starting to become dehydrated by the time we reached the restuarant at the 'summit'.

J

JRB

Nice bike, TJ.

As for water. I carry 2 on the bike and two in jersey pockets. I drink from the jersey first to lighten things up on me first.

J

JRB

stoney98 said:
Damn TJ,
That thing is nice. I keep getting torn back and forth whether to buy a roadie and start doing tri's or to get a 5/6" trail bike ala MK3 and rock it gravity style.
That bike is nice enough to make me go huh,...that looks like fun.
Get a trail bike, bro. You can get a cheap roadie later.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man that looks nice. I still can't ride an alum roadie though. I tried and it was still too harsh for me. Guess I'm too used to the squish on the dirt that the zero flet on the road is jaring.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
stoney98 said:
Yeah, I feel only bad things could come of that idea..

titanium is the bees knees when it comes to ride comfort IMHO. I just needed something alittle snappier for notfarfrompukin's( crit's):rofl: although i have to say the six 13 rides nothing, i repeat NOTHING like my old cannondale cad 6

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
GravityFreakTJ said:
titanium is the bees knees when it comes to ride comfort IMHO.
Word - I love my Titus Titanium full custom racer. I have three ti bikes and love them all. :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I just went 1989 lugged steel and it's much nicer ride quality wise for $100. :D

If I could afford Ti or CF, I would go that route. Back in the day I had an Allez Epic carbon and is was the hotness.