Quantcast

Lord of da Bling: My Titus Supermoto Fr

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
What up guys and gals

Just got done putting this beauty together. I cracked my old K2 trail bike this summer, so I needed a new rig. Nothing was in stock at the time, so I started saving and ordered one of these. By the time Fedex showed up with it, I had saved enough to hang some tasty sh!t on it.

Large black Titus Supermoto FR w/ 5.7 inch link
Rockshox Pike Team w/ poploc handlebar mount
Gold Hadley's 20m fr/QR rr laced with DT Alpine III's to Mavic 819's
Hope Mono 4 200m fr/180mm rr
Gold King HS
Thompson stem/post
Easton Monkeylite XC carbon bar
04' XT cranks
Sram Rocket trigger shifters (Shimano capatible)
XT rapid rise rear der.
XT front der.
Hutchinson Octopus 2.3 tubeless tires w/ a little Stan's
Salsa Skewer and liplock
WTB Rocket V stealth saddle
Time ATAC Alium S pedals

Weight: 34 lbs

This thing pedals like a dream. Its so efficient over bumps and roots. I can just pedal my way through almost anything. Its really plush for 5.7 inches. The tubleless tires hook up really well too. I'm having to re-learn my corning technique with these treads.

This is the perfect XC bike for a downhiller who is in the 200lb or more range. If it looks slack thats because it is. 68 degree HA at full fork extension, which is great if you're used to a DH rig. When the fork is slammed all the way down its about 70. Its a sweet bike the pedals great, brakes great, and descends like a mini-DH bike.

Pics:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Any time on the pike yet? Im looking at getting one myself. I was hoping supergo in seattle would have some bikes with the fork installed, or maybe just one on the wall. I may just pull the trigger and go for it since im generally impatient, and have cash in hand.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
oly said:
Any time on the pike yet? Im looking at getting one myself. I was hoping supergo in seattle would have some bikes with the fork installed, or maybe just one on the wall. I may just pull the trigger and go for it since im generally impatient, and have cash in hand.
I work at the Downhill Zone, which is within walking distance of Supergo. Stop by and I'll let you test ride it.

For others who were also interested, the fork is awesome. It feels better than a boxxer, is super stiff, and has more adjustments and trickery than you can shake a stick at.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal
Very nice bike, I just did a search a few days ago and came back void of tastie Supermoto tidbits, I sure am looking for a ride report of that bike!
Im glad you mentioned the head angle on that because the only info I can find is one on the Titus site and they only really mention that the 5.6" link with a 5" fork is 70 deg., and I only like slack geometry bikes, so this is great news to me! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Zoso,

Didnt realize you worked there. If things go my way maybe this saturday ill stop by. regardless i will have ordered my fork by then, but i'd still like to check out the zone. I actually havent been in since the expansion.....Being from the south sound, i dont make it that far up all too often.....