Quantcast

Lopes and a secret jump!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
how's it feel to win the thread? :thumb:
Don't discount the strong showing from Jeremy here..........it's close

No seriously, the vid is just that crappy :rolleyes:
No saying a video made with zero effort is a video made with zero effort is the same thing as personally attacking everything brian lopes and his sponsors stand for. Jesus, don't you keep up on 'Stiklogic Weekly?' You can even get it online now.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Don't discount the strong showing from Jeremy here..........it's close

No saying a video made with zero effort is a video made with zero effort is the same thing as personally attacking everything brian lopes and his sponsors stand for. Jesus, don't you keep up on 'Stiklogic Weekly?' You can even get it online now.
Now woo, we realize you are a tortured artist w/more shooting ability than most of us, but you seem to only put out a vid every couple years- what are we supposed to do the rest of the time??

I always thought Lopes was kind of stuck-up b/c I only knew the guy when I was a insecure minority east coaster doing the circuit. He was never really friendly, but neither was I . Now that I'm older I think the guy is just quiet and lives in his own biker world. I have to give him credit for not only racing w/style at our age, but keeping pretty good friends having a successful marriage.

As far as the video, for some reason I liked it. It kind of told a story and seemed legit, unless they had enough money to hire an police actor. You have to admit, w/his experience, money and age why the hell is he doing something like this. In theory the jump is cake, but the consequence of a crash is soooooooo severe- I'd rather eat terra firma off a rampage drop personally. He did it half asleep and again on a full stomach;) But to me the part when they do it again after getting a ticket, after eating breakfast, with no sandbags just made me giggle- which was worth the 5 minute admission.

I have learned to love the, for lack of a better word, honest tone of RM, but I thank God Lord Opie was around to protect me before I had a thick skin. I'm sure you're used to this stuff Stik, so keep posting!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'll be honest, I didn't even watch it.

I just skipped to the two parts where there was a bicycle moving.

Mostly I just know I can say this with all honesty: Brian lopes knows how to jump and that second sender was the goofiest bar humpiest buckle huck I've ever seen him do.........and that includes his decades of goofy kickouts looking at the camera :D

Last edited:

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I'll be honest, I didn't even watch it.

I just skipped to the two parts where there was a bicycle moving.

Mostly I just know I can say this with all honesty: Brian lopes knows how to jump and that second sender was the goofiest bar humpiest buckle huck I've ever seen him do.........and that includes his decades of goofy kickouts looking at the camera :D
You sound like you're too busy at work!! Like I said, the part that got me was they did it again after breakfast. I just picture one of my friends saying, " F it, let's go try it again!!"..... and actually doing it.

I had to look-up the T-shirt b/c if the one posted in this thread was true, I was going to withdraw my comment- I should have known better than to test it's satire value. Here it is, a bit pricey for a white T, but then again we are poorer in Philly and don't get tickets for jumping our bikes down the streets like Cali boys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TROY-LEE-DESIGNS-TLD-BRIAN-LOPES-TEE-T-SHIRT-WHITE-WHT-ALL-SIZES-/150768113790?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=&hash=item231a7ad87e

picture would have been cooler if they had a polic cruiser parked at the top of the shot!!

Last edited:

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
You sound like you're too busy at work!! Like I said, the part that got me was they did it again after breakfast. I just picture one of my friends saying, " F it, let's go try it again!!"..... and actually doing it.

I had to look-up the T-shirt b/c if the one posted in this thread was true, I was going to withdraw my comment- I should have known better than to test it's satire value. Here it is, a bit pricey for a white T, but then again we are poorer in Philly and don't get tickets for jumping our bikes down the streets like Cali boys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TROY-LEE-DESIGNS-TLD-BRIAN-LOPES-TEE-T-SHIRT-WHITE-WHT-ALL-SIZES-/150768113790?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=&hash=item231a7ad87e

picture would have been cooler if they had a polic cruiser parked at the top of the shot!!
22$ for a shirt that looks like its made in the copy shop around the corner?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I personally thought it was a pretty funny vid, i mean cmon we have all done something like this at some point...If this was Danny Hart everyone would be laughing.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I personally thought it was a pretty funny vid, i mean cmon we have all done something like this at some point...If this was Danny Hart everyone would be laughing.
Haha good point. Or imagine if that vid was made by everybodys champ Peaty? Perceptions, perceptions!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I dunno. Only experience I had with BL he was open, polite, shirted, and holy crap kind of fast.

The vid was silly yeah, but whats wrong with that? Mountain biking is silly in general, so this works :D

The Goatse earings though....jebus.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I liked the part where a guy who just won a WC XC race at like 80 years old just jumped 3x bigger then a bunch of internerds, who proceeded to bash him despite never having met him, because "they heard other people didn't like him."
Ok, so can I bash him then? I've met him. Seen him out on the trails a number of times and at the gym. He is a horrible parker, He needs special helmets bc his head is so big, and he does not like to talk to us "little people".

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
does anyone else see the irony of a picture of brian lopes on a t-shirt?

Maybe if it has cut-off sleves or is a wife b eater style...

Love that other vid where Hans is all young and rockin the pony tail. He's da man. Unlike his fellow Laguna-tic he is a very down to earth guy, willing to talk to anyone.

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I know BL since he rode for Mongoose BMX. He takes the time to talk to me every time I run into him.
But I meet him when he was into for Fuzzy's wedding.
When I meet him he was old school bmxer not MTB Racer.
VM

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I dunno. Only experience I had with BL he was open, polite, shirted, and holy crap kind of fast.
Only experience I had with him was open, polite, shirted and gave us a bunch of free ****. Tires, stickers, Oakley google lenses and some other stuff.

Me: "Thanks!!! We just got here, how are the trails?

Him: "Pretty decent but A line is pretty blown out from the race".

Me: "Damn! Did you race?"

Him: "yeap, got first in in the Air DH and Second in the Garbanzo" or what ever he placed in 2005.

At this point the damn light bulb had not gone off who he was. We chatted a bit more before he got into his van and headed out. Then one of my buddies realizes I still don't know who he was. "That was Brian Lopes you idiot!!!!!!"

Turns out we we staying about 5 doors down from his condo.