Quantcast

$&$&$&$&$ Looks like somebody’s got a case of the MONDAY’S GMT $&$&$&$&$&$&$&$

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I didn't feel like doing much this morning but I did drag my fat ass to the rail trail for a seven mile run. WFH now with the foster puppy. He is a good boy but is testing my patience this morning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Fucking tired. The wind was noisy last night, which kept me awake. All of the girls are still solid asleep. Last week with the current job and we get to start telling benefits people. Oh boy!

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Had the craziest dream with time travel and the Paradox it created, woke up by my alarm only to question myself how I can create a story I cannot understand fellback asleep and continued the dream.

Now at work thinking about riding.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The local collection of men in the neighborhood are arguing amongst themselves how the gravels roads should be maintained. My dumbass opened my mouth and now they are looking to me to get equipment and fix the issues at hand.

Going through all this storage stuff is a bit of a trip down memory lane, spare bedroom is full of guitars, amps, pedals and sound gear that I think I am going to sell most of it.

Rain and parts are arriving today

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The local collection of men in the neighborhood are arguing amongst themselves how the gravels roads should be maintained. My dumbass opened my mouth and now they are looking to me to get equipment and fix the issues at hand.
That's my entire neighborhood. Same applies for snow clearing.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Unusually motivated this morning. I made 2 650g balls of sourdough which are now slow fementing in the camper refrigerator (no room in the house fridge). Now to enjoy my espresso. Working an 8-5 shift which is fine by me. Supposed to hit the mid 60s with 20mph wind which is lovely compared to the winds you Colorado folks are getting.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I will see your snow removal and raise you a road with zero base rock and pumpy mud with no drainage.
That was before we paved the roads ~ 3 years ago, 70 years after the roads were built - apart from the 100 yard sections at either entrance that are still unpaved :shrug: . So plowing (particularly beginning and end of season when it's not frozen ground) just scrapes a layer of dirt if the blade isn't slightly lifted. Those 100 yard sections currently are full of landmine holes because we don't have the company come in to grade the full 'hood any longer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
first properly nice day of the year (up to 22°C and sunny today) and I have to drive in to the office because I have a physio appointment this afternoon. :disgust:

I'll try and get out for a cruise this afternoon I guess.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Speaking of wetness...

Today: Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Well. Now that I know this place exists I’m not sure how I’m going to not go there every day. At least they’re closed on Mondays.

View attachment 211354
Goddammit.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hi all. I had the chance to be electric traffic down to Highlands Ranch this morning... ultimately due to my section chief having made a scheduling error. I may have been blown to Kansas had I biked to Anschutz, on the other hand, so I guess this is ok? hmph

the north-half "lane" of Kirkendall from the bay road, is it?

Speaking of wetness...

Today: Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Tuesday: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Goddammit.
where yo

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
hi all. I had the chance to be electric traffic down to Highlands Ranch this morning... ultimately due to my section chief having made a scheduling error. I may have been blown to Kansas had I biked to Anschutz, on the other hand, so I guess this is ok? hmph

where yo
Roughly Copper-ish area. Point forecast in the Gore Range. Copper has also announced that they will stay open "as long as conditions allow" - so maybe Memorial Day? :brows:

In bad news related to all this fucking wind:

CLOSED: As of 5/6, Flying J Ranch Park is closed until further notice for active wildfire operations in the area.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Roughly Copper-ish area. Point forecast in the Gore Range. Copper has also announced that they will stay open "as long as conditions allow" - so maybe Memorial Day? :brows:
cool

I'm keeping Wednesday fluid for possible plank sliding given the forecast. this is the remnants of the Tahoe storm, no? I saw 26" there.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

where yo
Everything up and laterals from the mailboxes actually, still a bit downhill of the Portlawn subdivision boundary but more of a good gesture. The paved portion of Kirkendall is fine and doesn't need any attention since 99% of its use is on the pavement half. For years they have been just throwing a random load of rock on problem spots and all of the previous aggregate is on the shoulders and none of the roads have a crown or any drainage. I will pull the shoulders, cut the crown and grade the material back into the road base with a grader attachment on the big tracked skid steer, more of a budget option rather than using an actual road grader

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
27 y/o colleague just had to step up and take custody of his 9 y/o nephew. He's loving life right now. He's got it together and they make plenty of money, bit I don't think they are ready to be f/t parents yet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. woke up at ~330, had anxiety. couldn't fall back asleep until 7ish(?). conveniently 15 min before my alarm. just as well, son was up a little after 4, he's been having nightmares about dying. so that is something else to deal with. he did get back to sleep. went back to bed once the kids were on the bus, slept until just past noon. said fuck it and took the whole day off, have plenty of other stuff to attend to.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Carcinoma behind left ear removed, awaiting lab results.
I have a redneck coworker who made a freezing apparatus that uses bb gun CO2 canisters. He comes in with big chunks of his face and arms dead from being frozen. This guy has insurance. I explained to him there is supposed to be testing to be sure all cancer was removed but he doesn't care.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Everything up and laterals from the mailboxes actually, still a bit downhill of the Portlawn subdivision boundary but more of a good gesture. The paved portion of Kirkendall is fine and doesn't need any attention since 99% of its use is on the pavement half. For years they have been just throwing a random load of rock on problem spots and all of the previous aggregate is on the shoulders and none of the roads have a crown or any drainage. I will pull the shoulders, cut the crown and grade the material back into the road base with a grader attachment on the big tracked skid steer, more of a budget option rather than using an actual road grader
Sounds like our neighborhood’s privately maintained county road. yes, you read that right. It’s pronounced “cluster fuck.”

I am also amazed at how many people can’t drive on gravel without spinning/ hopping their wheels constantly. I think they have binary gas-pedals!