Quantcast

Looking for DJ/Street riders in Hampton Roads

Dec 3, 2006
WB
Hey guys I just found this forum and am looking to meet up w/riders in the Hampton Roads area. I live in Williamsburg and ride at different locations on the Peninsula so I'm not afraid to go places to ride. Let me know if you'd like to ride sometime.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
ridetoofast- i'm just a few miles from the ferry. i'd like to check out your work sometime. you wouldn't happen to know Tabor(sp?) from Conte's would you. I've spoken to him about a DJ trail on private property over in Surrey before. That wouldn't happen to be the same one would it?
Sir Crackien- you guys would be pretty close to Ipswich then, do you ever head over there? I'd like to check it out sometime and maybe you all would be up for meeting there...
Good to hear from both of you guys. I've been posting on Pinkbike and didn't get any results. I was starting to get a little dismayed.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
yep i know him...he stays at my place, along with tristin, the other contes dude.
the pics in the backyard bliss thread are from my house.
if you are that close to the ferry, including ferry time, you could be at my house in <30 min.
jst let me know when you want to come out.
going to try to build some this week as i might have some peeps out this coming weekend and id like to have a little jam sesh as one of them is a really good rider so i'd like to get some film.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
ok then ask Tabor about the guy that he crashed the tidewater classic mtb race course with and i'm that guy. we hit a couple of the jumps during the race. it was pretty fun.
i'm out in seattle right now and won't be back until around the 15th, so anytime after that would be killer. i might get back sooner, so i'll let you know when i'm back in town. looking forward to meeting and riding with you all.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
i go on shutdown from12/22-1/2 so im off for 10 days or whatever that is. i plan to do a lot of building and trail cutting. unfortunately i also have to study for the GMAT...trying to get into w/m's mason school of biz for an mba...

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
hey, i'm the other half of the ODU contigency that sir crackien mentioned. we get urban rides and such going everynow and then. we dig down in chesapeake a fair amount, atleast we did, we've been mad lazy as of late though. we head up to the BMX track in hampton a pretty fair amount as well. its a good time. lemme know if you wanna ride some time, any sort of anything. ha.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
wow i really appreciate hearing from all of you guys. i'll def be getting in touch w/you all when i get back. we'll need to do a group ride sometime!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Thought I'd add my two cents (which I think puts me in debt) while I had my computer open.

There are plenty of places on the southside to jump as we are really lacking in any sort of acceptable XC or freeride stuff. Most of the locals have chimed in with the places to ride. We are going to get into much heavier building with the city at Ipswitch once some legal issues get ironed out when I get back. Currently we have an almost ready to go new line at the park, it just needs two more jumps and a reworked inline.

Depending on what happens in regards to my wife's point of deployment here in a few days I may be leaving the area this summer. However, if I am not, then I am going balls deep into the rework of Ipswitch. Its going to be a massive project, so more backs should help to lighten the load.

We'll get the whole group together for eating, riding and drinking some afternoon, start talking out the big plan.

Do you race at all? We're also in the process of putting together a gravity team based out of Hampton Roads right now. DH/DS/4x and Super D are where we're working. If you're interested, drop a line, we'll get you on board.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
Tattooo, good to know you're out there. we'll meet up when i get back in town next week or so. sounds like ipswitch is a good place to ride and you have done much to make it so.
looking forward to meeting up with a crew. i'm getting kinda tired of riding solo all the time...
btw, i haven't ever raced mtb's, but i did race bmx back in the day so i'm not opposed to a challenge:)

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
gonna be slinging a little more dirt this weekend, but cant sling much
more till i get some filler logs for table #2.

to answer tat's question (i think he asked it in this thread, or maybe the bliss one, i can't remember) other projects will include teeter totter(s), wall ride, skinnies of various heights, elevated trail sections with drops and roller coasters, basically its going to be a circus...so its pretty much a standing request/invite to come out and join the fun.
i must add, that ive decided, and it probably won't be well received but oh well, if'n y'all wanna ride its gonna be a full pad gig. helmet, forearm/elbow and knee/shin. that might limit those who want to ride but i've got to cover my own a$$ on this one...

Dec 3, 2006
WB
Just got the word that a pumptrack is being considered as a future EVMA project. Sounds like it won't be too far off. Don't know where as of yet, but I got this on reliable word.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Like I said, there will be one going into our area in Ipswitch.

I think one could also be done at Gatewood or Harwood.

DC40

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
Tattooo,

how is the new line coming along at ipswitch?

gonna be slinging a little more dirt this weekend, but cant sling much
more till i get some filler logs for table #2.
Ridetoofast,

should able to come next weekend to sling some dirt. I got my new ride (Identiti Dr. Jekyll) but have not been able to get any riding in for last 3 weeks because my wife was hospitalized for 2 1/2 weeks for a severe allegric reaction to a medication. She doing good now, looking to get some riding in next weekend if the weather is good.

DC

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Tattooo,

how is the new line coming along at ipswitch?

We kind of stalled out due to people being out of town, me being a lazy sod, the Bandito getting a regular job, and so on. However, my goal is to get over the fallen tree done before Christmas, and maybe even get a few first runs in. We might be slinging next Sunday in the morning.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Can't do it, I meant to contact you, just got home.
No funds for the project, sorry man.