Quantcast

Looking for a hardtail like my old Jackflash

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
I've been out of the bicycle scene for a couple years. I want a DH hardtail, but I am kinda picky about frame geometry.

My old 22" PlanetX jackflash RAD was perfect...super slack head angle (I think it was 69 degrees with a 4" fork, I ran a 5"), fairly low BB (only a little over 13" with a 5" fork and big tires) and nice long top tube (22" along tube axis, about 22.5 horizontal top tube).

Who makes a bike like this now?

Ideally, I would like something that can be run singlespeed or geared with a chainguide.

Brian

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
look at some of soul cycles creations. they are all fairly slack and have the top tube length you are looking for.

btw now a days 68* is not that slack and 22.5" is not that long. those are normal numbers now

oh also soul cycles are blowing out some of their frames. check them out at www.ridesoul.com

blong

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
San Diego
look at some of soul cycles creations. they are all fairly slack and have the top tube length you are looking for.

btw now a days 68* is not that slack and 22.5" is not that long. those are normal numbers now

oh also soul cycles are blowing out some of their frames. check them out at www.ridesoul.com
Thanx for the link. It says on their website for the Titan:
"semi-slack head angle (69 degrees with a 130mm fork)"
That sound too steep for me. It looks steep in this picture...
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141163

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
oh btw i just got a sluggo (you can see the thread in the fr forum). its a slack bike and the medium is about the same toptube as the bike you got (the px). it also lends itself to ss or gears very well. the large has a monster top tube (the one i have) and that one will probibly be too long for most people.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Thanx for the link. It says on their website for the Titan:
"semi-slack head angle (69 degrees with a 130mm fork)"
That sound too steep for me. It looks steep in this picture...
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141163
I've run an '04 Titan for the past couple years with a 6" fork... and I’ve really enjoyed it. I now have a sluggo for DH/FR and a '06 Titan for all mountain.

They are great bikes and can take some SERIOUS abuse...

The '04:

The '06

What size JackFlash did you have? I've got a buddy that has one just sitting in his garage... it's too small for me, but I can see if he is interested in selling