Quantcast

Lil' Manimal in Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Thanks to mud n' sweat for turning the senior editor on to this story. Noah is so excited about being in a magazine and has been asking me when it is coming out....i can't wait to show him when he gets home from school today :D

The phone interview was hilarious w/ noah.

Editor: So how did you get into riding?
Noah: Well, I just started riding one day..you know.

Anyway, what a cool magazine to do an article like this...enjoy!

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/content/article.php?article_id=513

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Congrats! I was hanging out at my budies house the other day wathing some BMX video and there was a 10 year old doing a ittle skatepark stuff and my frfeinds were pretty stoked, I grabbed my laptop and loaded some vid's of Noah, they were blown away. Ended up searching the internet for hours untill they had seen them all.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Score for the little guy. I hope he keeps it up so years from now I can be like "Yeah, I saw that kid doing this stuff when he was 5 years old". =]

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Your kid is getting famous. Better ink the deal to be his personal manager before he moves on to bigger and better things. Time to start booking autograph sessions.

Lil Manimal success = Big Manimal comfortable retirement! :-)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Your kid is getting famous. Better ink the deal to be his personal manager before he moves on to bigger and better things. Time to start booking autograph sessions.

hmmmm, good idea :think: although, an autograph session may take a while as he tries to spell out everyone's name with a crayon :D

i'm trying to make a decision on what new video editing software to get so i can make some new vids. i have lots of short clips from the skatepark that are in quicktime and my current editor won't recognize them. once i get the software i'll throw out another vid...then i'll call hollywood :rolleyes: ;)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'm glad it all came together! Took a few reminders, and once I sent one of the youtube vid's to Jedd's email and he let the owner view it, it was a done deal.

I figured all it would take was to let Noah's riding speak for itself, and it sure worked. He's quit talented and this will be a great thing for him to look back on when he grows up.

Congrats Noah!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

i just found a blown up version of your avatar, printed it out and pasted it all over the PD in random places. it's so funny watching some of the uptight cops i work with try to make sense out of it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
wow..what a response to this thread! he's so stoked! and yes, i'm very proud :D

we were at a small outdoor skatepark on tuesday and he was just kinda rolling around, not really wanting to do anything. well i've been eyeing this transfer from the 5' quarter that buts up to the 5' half pipe. it's like a spine with a 90 degree hip...nothing major but a heck of a mindblock for me. so anway, he sees that i'm doing some practice runs on it and starts heckling me to try it. so i heckle back for him to try something new. within about 5 minutes of him coaxing me to hit it i do...and land it and then again.....
so then i heckled him to try something new and said that since i did the transfer then he had to try something. his whole attitude changed once i said that and the old crazy noah came out. it was so funny to watch....riding w/ him is less like a father/son outing and is getting more like the usual session with my friends in that we push each other in a fun, picking sort of way. i hope i never become one of those bmx dads screaming "faster!" from the sidelines, i'd rather race him myself :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I was flipping through the November "Best of" issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine this weekend at my sister-in-laws house. Guess who they voted "Best Athlete of the Year"?

Congrats Lil'Manimal, way to go!!!! That's quite an honor!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Awesome. I can't imagine listening to that interview. Too funny.

*edit*
i just found a blown up version of your avatar, printed it out and pasted it all over the PD in random places. it's so funny watching some of the uptight cops i work with try to make sense out of it.
Thats friggin funny too.

You should try this one next. I have no idea what it is for.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I was flipping through the November "Best of" issue of Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine this weekend at my sister-in-laws house. Guess who they voted "Best Athlete of the Year"?

Congrats Lil'Manimal, way to go!!!! That's quite an honor!
holy crap that's rad! i need to get that issue. i just told noah over the phone and he asked if he gets a prize...lol :D :clapping: