Quantcast

Lil manimal gettin' some rhythm

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
local RM member, Garlic, lives about 12 miles from my house and has turned his backyard into an area mecca. "safe" dirt jumps and a fun pump track make for a great place to hang with my boy. the jumps are big enough to have fun on for me but smooth and small enough for noah to practice on as well. he's hit plenty of big dj's in his short riding career but they're usually stand alone jumps...this new place gives him the opportunity to hit one after another then a berm then another two.

i'm so friggin stoked now to have a local dj spot that can be enjoyed by beginners and RAD graduates alike :thumb: noah has started asking daily if we can go ride garlic's place which makes me one happy pop. :D

clip of noah's 2nd attempt at the first 2 dj's.

table

set-up double

local bmx 10ex grom, ethan

ethan in the berm heading to the next table

noah over the table again with the pump track on the right

garlic

Jul 2, 2008
NJ
That IS awesome! His form, the fact he rides, and that you take him!!!

What frame is Noah riding?

I've built-up a pair of 16"-wheeled single-speed freeride bikes for my sons, but I'm thining to the future and their need for slightly larger bikes...

Tom P.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Inspirational thread from the manimal family, once again. Awesome.

Noah is gonna crush fools if he ever decides to race.

I'm already looking at bikes for Oscar. He doesn't know it yet but bmx and trail riding will be strictly enforced.

:D

Until then we're working on other types of rhythm...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
That IS awesome! His form, the fact he rides, and that you take him!!!

What frame is Noah riding?

I've built-up a pair of 16"-wheeled single-speed freeride bikes for my sons, but I'm thining to the future and their need for slightly larger bikes...

Tom P.
throw up a pic of those 16" rigs...i'm always interested in other "small" builds to give me ideas.

he's riding a specialized hotrock 20". mikedsx, owner of cycletherapy, snagged the frame for dirt cheap and we've been building it up and modifying it for about 2.5 years now.

this is the way i have it set up now except that he has a magura hs33 hydro rim brake on the rear now.

noah is very small for his age so we've had some trouble getting stuff to fit and his bike is almost exactly half his weight.

you might want to do a search for "lil manimal" on ridemonkey; plenty of threads and pics on the topic of parts/bikes for small kids.

here's a vid i made of his riding from 1-2 years ago and a lot of it is on his 16" haro. i can't wait until he fully grows into his current bike; he's also a little short for his redline mini but he's keeping up w/ the other 8 yr olds in his class.

we started cross training with bmx at the end of last season...he loves it and i'm enjoying racing with him. he's the short one in this pic.

for a size comparison (most 6 year olds are taller than him)
these are two of the "average" height 8 yr olds in his class at bmx with noah in the middle

GARLIC

Chimp
Jul 14, 2008
Thats awesome! really glad he is stoked about my spot, Noah is such a little ripper! come by this weekend if you can.

Later

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
u officially have the coolest kid
thanks! he's to cool for skool when he's on a bike but i've debated selling his bratty 8 yr old butt :rant: ;) he's at that awkward/annoying stage when kids try to be witty and sassy but don't quite have the social skills to know when to shut up. i think that stage last until about 20 :banghead::twitch: :D

at least he's learning something else besides bratt-onomics ;)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
haha..i wish it were that easy. my wife is only 5' and my 5 yr old daughter is a whopping 28lbs. i know 1 year olds that weigh more than her.
Wow. Yeah, my 18 month boy weighs 30lbs Your kids are tiny. Look at this way, your kids will have something I never had and my son will probaby never have ... low center of gravity. :cheers: