Quantcast

Like the brave Sarah Palin, I, too, support our allies in North Dakota

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/11/24/martin.michelle.obama.palin/index.html?hpt=T2

I'm starting to think she's got an OJ thing going on. She just keeps saying impossibly stupid stuff over an over until she starts actually believing it herself.

But when it comes down to it, who's fault is she really? She's cashing in. If society as a whole weren't so ****ing stupid, she (and the others like her), wouldn't have anyone paying any attention to them.

She's marketing a brand. And she's getting rich doing it. So who's the stupid one really?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
She's marketing a brand. And she's getting rich doing it. So who's the stupid one really?
Well, everyone else being stupid enough to create a marketable brand out of it doesn't make her any less stupid.

This kind of sh*t terrifies me because I realize that we might, as a nation, be just hopeless enough to elect a retard lunatic like that. I hope not. I suspect not. But there were certainly a lot of people who thought the best part of McCain/Palin was Palin.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'm starting to think she's got an OJ thing going on. She just keeps saying impossibly stupid stuff over an over until she starts actually believing it herself.
Its not just her. This is republican milieu. If you keep saying something over and over and over, the retarded American public begins to except it as fact. You know, like tax cuts pay for themselves, Saddam has WMD, and the wealth trickles down.

But there were certainly a lot of people who thought the best part of McCain/Palin was Palin.
This town is full of them. In fact most people in this town thought McCain was too far left and were hoping he'd check out so Palin could be president.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Well, everyone else being stupid enough to create a marketable brand out of it doesn't make her any less stupid.

This kind of sh*t terrifies me because I realize that we might, as a nation, be just hopeless enough to elect a retard lunatic like that. I hope not. I suspect not. But there were certainly a lot of people who thought the best part of McCain/Palin was Palin.
Oh of course.....I was not implying that she was an evil genius by any means.

And yes....it is very disturbing that "they" consider being smart "elitist" and a liability.

Even in 2004, I remember people saying that they liked W because he seemed like "regular people" and someone they'd want to have a beer with.

I keep saying it, you should want you nation's leader to be WAY smarter than you.......

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Even in 2004, I remember people saying that they liked W because he seemed like "regular people" and someone they'd want to have a beer with.
Only an American would want to have a beer with a white knuckle dry drunk who was in charge of the nuclear codes.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'd have a beer with him if I had the chance. At least that way I could be close enough to glass the prick in the face. After I finished my beer of course.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I'd have a beer with him if I had the chance. At least that way I could be close enough to glass the prick in the face. After I finished my beer of course.
e-thug.

be sure to throw down gang signs and youtube that sh*t.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
This kind of sh*t terrifies me because I realize that we might, as a nation, be just hopeless enough to elect a retard lunatic like that. I hope not.
Well, there was that period of profound retardation from 2000-2008.

Not to mention we were all dumb enough to elect a do-nothing president afterward.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

Not to mention we were all dumb enough to elect a do-nothing president afterward.
Yeah, maybe we should have gone with Hilary.

I swear to Christ, Barry still thinks he can work with the GOP. He's dumber than Palin (Trig, not Sarah...)

(And yes, I understand that he got America close to accepting that openly gay people can kill foreign poor children. That's a hell of an accomplishment, Mr. President.)

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, maybe we should have gone with Hilary.

I swear to Christ, Barry still thinks he can work with the GOP. He's dumber than Palin (Trig, not Sarah...)

(And yes, I understand that he got America close to accepting that openly gay people can kill foreign poor children. That's a hell of an accomplishment, Mr. President.)
No he didn't. His AG is fighting it.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I must be like the only person on this forum who has NOT seen Idiocracy, but I sense this is a lot what it's like, just watching the news.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The problem with Palin is twofold.

There is a tiny, tiny sliver of conservatives who slavishly support her, and there is nothing you can say to change their mind.

The other problem is the everyone else follows and listens to what she says, even though we ridicule her.

Part of it is our fame-oriented culture. Before MTV and the internet, we followed people who actually did something, whether it was a great athlete, war hero, a scientist, or a talented musician.

Now the most famous people are Lindsay, Kanye, and Paris.

Palin is in a perfect position to exploit this. Now that she quit as governor, a very calculated move, people still follow every word she says but there is no accountability because she actually does NOTHING.

Everyone other political figure we pay attention to is actually a serving elected official.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The gaffe of confusing North and South Korea is minor, although it is a quick soundbite displaying about how ignorant Palin really is.

I also listened to the rest of the interview and it is really scary.

I think the Korea dilemma is amazingly complicated. How can you make a desperate country whose leaders seem to defy any logic to comply to any peaceful solution without pissing off their patron, the largest country in the world?

I could say, "Bomb NK back to the Stone Age!" and you may agree or disagree, but we are not making the decision, are we? We don't even have a sliver of influence on the decision.

Palin actually does. What she says influences voters who in turn influence their elected officials.

Watch "Thirteen Days" for an appreciation of how an international situation is handled successfully. The Cuban Missile Crisis was littered by false flags and posturing, it took a calm but strong hand to find the right solution.

I am still hoping 2012 ejects Palin to the trashdump of ex-celebrities.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It just baffles me that some people still see her as having leadership capabilities when she has demonstrated a lack of interest in actual politics. Had she had been a Democrat and stepped down as governor, the GOP would have ripped her to shreds.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It just baffles me that some people still see her as having leadership capabilities when she has demonstrated a lack of interest in actual politics. Had she had been a Democrat and stepped down as governor, the GOP would have ripped her to shreds.
but then again...she hasn't let anyone drown in a car....

dems overlook manslaughter...republicans overlook sheer stupidity.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

Not true, Obama is trying to bring the executive in check. The bush administration took allot of those powers from congress. It's congress's job to legislate, not Obama's and people are saying he isn't doing his job "pushing his agenda through" though that isn't his job. He is the head of the executive, the needs to EXECUTE the laws, not make new ones.

I give Obama very little, but one thing I will give him is bringing back some sort of check and balance system

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mitchell-bard/why-sarah-palins-north-ko_b_788647.html

The real story, though, isn't that Palin said "North" instead of "South." Let's be honest: Vice President Joe Biden could have just as easily blown a line like that.

No, the real story is that Palin was discussing a complex, precarious, highly dangerous issue as if she were an expert, even though she clearly isn't.

Does anyone outside of Palin's relatively small group of smitten followers honestly believe that she is competent to act as an expert on Korean policy? That she knows the intricacies and risks of engaging with the North Koreans? That she understands the possible leadership struggle going on there? Do you think she has the first clue about the history of Korea over the last century? Do you think she's ever heard of Syngman Rhee, the Bodo League massacre, the Battle of Inchon, or National Security Council Report 68, or that she knows about the decades of Japanese rule in Korea? Do you think she's ever read about the role the propaganda efforts of the post-Stalin Soviet government played in the eventual armistice that ended the fighting?

Doubtful, at best.

Now, do you doubt for a second that Joe Biden could reel off a dissertation-level analysis of these issues from the top of his head?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not true, Obama is trying to bring the executive in check. The bush administration took allot of those powers from congress. It's congress's job to legislate, not Obama's and people are saying he isn't doing his job "pushing his agenda through" though that isn't his job. He is the head of the executive, the needs to EXECUTE the laws, not make new ones.

I give Obama very little, but one thing I will give him is bringing back some sort of check and balance system
No, he's not.

On civil liberties, he's as bad as Bush. Possibly worse. Unlike our former retarded head of state, he knows better.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
No, he's not.

On civil liberties, he's as bad as Bush. Possibly worse. Unlike our former retarded head of state, he knows better.
Fair enough, he isn't rolling back what bush did, and is there for setting a precedence. BUT he isn't trying to pass laws from the white house. Bush took away one right after another, Obama isn't giving them back

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Silver, I thought you were a displaced Canuck...have you come over to the dark side...err, naturalized?

As idiotic as Palin is, I beleive this was a slip of the tongue. Nothing more, nothing less. By now she has enough handlers pumping her full of "knowledge" that she can at least point to the general area of the world in which N Korea lies. W/ a maximum of 2 instructor assists...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
No, I used the term "our" because I'm in the passenger seat.

Unfortunately, the driver is an amphetamine fueled religious maniac.

Last edited: