Quantcast

LG1 rims?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
:wave:
Yes, me here. What do you want to know? I am running the complete wheelset.
Can't say anything bad about the rims. Stiff, light and don't bend too easy. In one season I had only two dents in them, one because of not enough tire pressure and the first one was a catastrophic rider error :D
Gapping a rock garden and went with approx. 40 km/h rear wheel first (Fairclough style) in a square edge resulting in a flat tire and rim.
I managed to get them in shape again though.

The hubs are solid too, easy to service. The rear hub is LOUD. A few weeks back I've got some warranty parts for the rear hub. There were possibilities, that the free wheel could block.

What I don't like about the wheelsets are the spokes. 4 different lengths. And they are short. So everyone who is riding them should get spare spokes asap.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:
Yes, me here. What do you want to know? I am running the complete wheelset.
Can't say anything bad about the rims. Stiff, light and don't bend too easy. In one season I had only two dents in them, one because of not enough tire pressure and the first one was a catastrophic rider error :D
Gapping a rock garden and went with approx. 40 km/h rear wheel first (Fairclough style) in a square edge resulting in a flat tire and rim.
I managed to get them in shape again though.

The hubs are solid too, easy to service. The rear hub is LOUD. A few weeks back I've got some warranty parts for the rear hub. There were possibilities, that the free wheel could block.

What I don't like about the wheelsets are the spokes. 4 different lengths. And they are short. So everyone who is riding them should get spare spokes asap.
i would suspect the spoke length issue is only tied to the hubs (not the rims) as they are very high flange hubs.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Right.
I was describing the whole wheelset.
As I said at the beginning. The rims are quality.

I am not sure how much the high flange hubs add to the stiffness of the whole wheel.:think:

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I have them laced to king rear, hope front. Super stiff, and look tits. Feel pretty damn stiff. I have a few dents in the sidewall (all dents ended up cutting the tire casing,were set up tubeless) but no flat spots so a testament to the stiffness. If paying retail I'm not sure I'd recommend, at $200 a hoop, they're pretty pricey. Also they are pretty deep, so spokes are shorter than normal, even with a "standard" flanged hub. Had to special order spokes, no shops in my area had the length....