Quantcast

Let The Speculation Start !

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Looks flexy.

Also, whats witht he logos? As everybody learned from the 05 bomber thread, anytime you put your logo on something, it make it work half as well.

I gotta admit, I've been wondering when they were gonna get into the game. Looks like a small rotor though, mabe XC specific? wonder why a company that makes insane motorcycle brakes would start with little tiny xc stoppers...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I heard that they did not even want to get into bikes.
They just want to make brakes for testing and R & D for their motorcycle brakes, since we put so much stress on brakes. They are not planning on ever selling anything.
(See how crazy this sounds when you take it out of context :eviltongu )

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
Jeremy R said:
I heard that they did not even want to get into bikes.
They just want to make brakes for testing and R & D for their motorcycle brakes, since we put so much stress on brakes. They are not planning on ever selling anything.
why? to be a$$holes like honda and make a cool product then never release it?
it's kinda hard to believe that we put more stress on brakes than a track car or a motorcycle going 175mph. we probably drag out brakes more though.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
squarewheels said:
it's kinda hard to believe that we put more stress on brakes than a track car or a motorcycle going 175mph. we probably drag out brakes more though.
why not? look how light biking stuff has to be. We're one of the few (if only) vehicle based sports where snapping a frame from normal use is a concern.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dropmachine.com said:
Looks flexy.

Also, whats witht he logos? As everybody learned from the 05 bomber thread, anytime you put your logo on something, it make it work half as well.
a logo on any other component than a tire makes sense (branding), hell even if the logo is on the side of the tire, that's fine, but when performance is the ultimate, such as a tread design, why incorporate stupid logos as opposed to a tested tread design made purely for PERFORMANCE?

Dude get a clue...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Zedro,

Umm nevermind what?

Dropmachine is making comments about people (including myself) speculating as to a certain tire's performance just by looking at it's tread design. I can tell by looking at that Marzocchi tire that it is made up of "M" logo's that it is not a purely high performance tire. That is a silly way to design a tire if you ask me. If They could figure a clever way to incorporate a few of the logos somewhere in the tread then no big deal, but to make your foray into the DH performance tire market with a tire that has hundreds of tiny logos on it and judging by the appearance a hard rubber compound is just silly. Maybe the tire hooks up good, if they offer a sticky compound it will most likely hook up good regardless of the silly logos. But I'm calling shenanigans...the tire is ghey. it looks stupid and I think it is a dumb move by marz as far as credibility goes but they will probably sell a ton of 'em to chodes who want sweet "M" logo's on their tires...I'll stick with Michelin and Maxxis thanks.

Mostly I think Dropmachine needs to chill out and post positive insightful things instead of mostly ripping on people for expressing their opinions...I know you for one don't like it when people make off the cuff negative comments about your ideas...

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
punkassean said:
double edged as in the pot calling the kettle black, as in I'm telling dropmachine to get a clue when I too need to get a clue?
not at all, wait maybe...oh crap i dunno, thats why i said nevermind in the first place! :dead:

i think i misunderstood what was going on from the start lol....

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
punkassean said:
double edged as in the pot calling the kettle black, as in I'm telling dropmachine to get a clue when I too need to get a clue?
i think we have some tripple sided sarcasm here, youre telling dropmachine to get a clue when you too need to get a clue, and zedro is correcting you both, when he too has no clue :p

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
ViolentVolante said:
i think we have some tripple sided sarcasm here, youre telling dropmachine to get a clue when you too need to get a clue, and zedro is correcting you both, when he too has no clue :p
so in other words, this thread has initiated a death spiral?

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
" Well then please, allow me to retort..."

You ass.

So, simply by the fact that the blocks are shaped like little "M" logos, the tire won't work well? What if they were "C"'s? the #4?

This tire brought to you by M, and C, and the number 4, but it works like hell.

It must be fantastic to be able to tell how well the tire will work simply by what letter the blocks happened to be shaped like. Silly me, i always try first then decide or, failing that, rely on the opinions of others, but apparantly your system works much better. Never mind that you have no idea what compound the rubber is, or how the sidewall is made, or any other that useless info, instead its much much better to speculate that the tire is junk because the blocks are little M's.

Try instead basing your opinions on fact that can actually be backed up by the photo. Like, " I will look like a knob running marzocchi tires on my Boxxer fork". Thats about all you can really say, except for obvious things like a 3" tire is gonna be hefty.

I would give you the clue you need, but you will have difficulty seeing it, what with your head completely inserted in your rectum.

"mmm mmm mm. You are a TASTY burger."

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
On the subject of the brakes, I wonder is Brembo would take a different route designing their system over existing systems. I bet with all thier experiences, they might be able to address some of the issues still plaguing current systems...

In any case, should be fun to watch!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Cute picture. I'd say something about itbut I don't want insinuations coming my way about my burgerness. The point is, it SEEMS that using logos in something like tread for a tire SEEMS to be not the best call. Who knows, maybe the "M" is perfect for traction. It might not, and none of us will know until it is tested. Flame away.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
dropmachine.com said:
On the subject of the brakes, I wonder is Brembo would take a different route designing their system over existing systems. I bet with all thier experiences, they might be able to address some of the issues still plaguing current systems...

In any case, should be fun to watch!
Word. Maybe Brian HCM #1 will start a new Brembo jihad.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
well...just because they make brakes for porsches doesn't mean they'll be the greatest-ever

hell, porsche made bikes and they sucked horribly :D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It is highly possible to tell the approximate rubber compound just by looking at a tire. Tacky tires are shiny black and harder tires are greyish...

that's about all I have to say, I'm not even gonna touch that rant of your's it is obvious you need professional help and I am in no position to do that for you.

sheesh, the guy now thinks he's sam jackson....

on a serious note I wish you would take your BS comments back to Dropmachine and leave them there I don't recall you ever saying anything where you weren't condescending or just plain being a dick. You truly believe you know everything...here ye, here ye, all ye shall commence bowing down, the all mighty dropmachine has spoken. I can tell you something that apparently you don't know. The odds of a tire working well with a tread design based purely on aesthetics and or incorporation of company logos are much lower than the odds of a tire working well that is based on an actual design process. PERIOD!!!! that tire is ghey and so are you my friend.

Suck it!!! phuckin' angry ass canuck!!!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Right. I need help. I need help learning not to reply to angry little internet engineers anyways.

Never said i know everything, and in fact, posted that I would wait and see how the tires actually did before saying anything. Its what i suggested to you, in a round about way. You have no idea how those tires perform, or thier compounds, or how the logos affect anything. Whos to say they didn't already design the tire with square blocks, and later on incorporate hte M's later, after finding out they had no adverse affects? As for the rubber comment, again, you know nothing of where the tire is, if its covered with dust, lighting, if they've been polished for a photo....nothing. The only way i can think of that you derived the rubber compound is the fact that maybe it didn't leave little dents in it from you starting at it.

In short, you know dick, so keep quiet.

As for angry? Not really. Annoyed? Closer. But woulddn't you be annoyed after wading into this and seeing what it left on your shoe?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
okay you win...

I will never, ever, ever speculate again, ever. I will only try things and then post my clear and concise observations based on my real world experiences. I will never engage in conversation, even on internet forums, where half the point of browsing is chatting and speculating. Only facts, never opinions. I have no need for these things as I am a robot, I only do as I am programmed to do...

call it pure speculation but those tires are still ghey and so are you...

oh yeah, and you got some crap on your shoe there...might wanna wipe that off.

peace,
-Angry lil' internet engineer

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
punkassean said:
It is highly possible to tell the approximate rubber compound just by looking at a tire. Tacky tires are shiny black and harder tires are greyish...
that's backwards...

remember the specialized Umma Gummas ?? :D

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
There is speculation, and then there is unfounded verbal diarhea...thats the poiint i am trying to make.

For example. i beleive the article mentioned the tires are being made in finland, which would lead me to beleive that Nokian is making them. Also, the 3" and 2.6" casings also sorta reinforce that theory. Hardly Sherlock holmes type stuff, but at least its a basis. So, you could speculate on the difference between these tires, and Gazz's.

The best part about those M's has got to be the marks on the trail. Guerilla marketing at its best!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
punkassean said:
I will never, ever, ever speculate again, ever. I will only try things and then post my clear and concise observations based on my real world experiences. I will never engage in conversation, even on internet forums, where half the point of browsing is chatting and speculating. Only facts, never opinions. I have no need for these things as I am a robot, I only do as I am programmed to do...
Don't give in to the man. Fight the power. Dropmachine: the title of this thread is LET THE SPECULATION START, and while I realise the comments about the tire were in another thread, 99% of the talk on these forums about new bikes, components, etc. is just pure specualtion. Letting it get to you and making snide commments isn't going to change anything. Can you guys kiss and make up to make my internet experience a happy one? :love:

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
dropmachine.com said:
For example. i beleive the article mentioned the tires are being made in finland, which would lead me to beleive that Nokian is making them. Also, the 3" and 2.6" casings also sorta reinforce that theory. Hardly Sherlock holmes type stuff, but at least its a basis. So, you could speculate on the difference between these tires, and Gazz's.
There we go. Some nice speculation backed up by facts. I like it.