Quantcast

Leogang 2014 WC #4

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Is it just me or does it look like they were going tubeless without any sealant? Inside of that tire looks awfully clean...

In my experience, tubeless and DH just don't mix. But that's just me.
the sealant may possible have been removed while doing an entire DH run on a bare rim.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not on the rim, but on the inside of the tire. I can't imagine that tire ever had sealant in it.

SylentK might be on to something .... 'not gwinning' conspiracy?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I hate to squash a good conspiracy theory but it looks a little moist around the valve stem hole and on the inside of side wall. They probably use way less sealant than most people in their tires to save grams because racing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I hate to squash a good conspiracy theory but it looks a little moist around the valve stem hole and on the inside of side wall. They probably use way less sealant than most people in their tires to save grams because racing.
that was just the remnants of the uncontrollable ejaculation of the crowd at gwin's riding

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
that was just the remnants of the uncontrollable ejaculation of the crowd at gwin's riding
According to occam's razor, you're right.

Either some mechanic spent time putting just the right amount of sealant in on race day, but missed it by .05 oz and the rim blew off with the left over amount slowly picking up minuscule amounts of dirt and dust all the way down the track.

OR

There never was any sealant and that stuff on the inside is crowd jizz.

I don't know how I didn't see it before.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
Invisible ejaculation by father Joseph, meant for Mary Jane in order to make a child Rock Jeebus.

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, there is precedence for allowing a re-run. Peaty got a second after Brayton donated his bike to a guy to break himself on. Bummed for Luca and poor Kerr for his sending over the tape DQ

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
rule 4.1.034: A rider must act in a sporting manner at all times and must permit any faster rider to
overtake without obstructing.
I doubt that Loris, having just concussed himself, was not being sportsmanlike. Probably just didn't know wtf was going on.

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
Difference is Peaty got red flagged and forced to coast due to medical emergency on the track.

If Loris was up and "racing," there was probably not enough reason to red-flag, even if he was way off pace.

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
How can a re-run not be warranted in that situation? He was the fastest qualifier and last guy down the hill. Even if he's only held up briefly it messes up his run. If that had happened in Elite there definitely would have been a re-run.