Quantcast

Lehikoinen leaving Honda?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm a pretty nice guy in person....but a lousy drunk.

Last time I checked nobody had qualms with Palmer being a complete and total rolling detox center since he was getting cover shots and publicity constantly.

You can say Kovarik might get the boot b/c of personality or lack of results...but most likely it is neither.

Deep down, sponsors and riders get tired of sporting 1 image for too long. They crave change, hype, excitement, new blood and/or media hype. Intense can bring in Matti, get exposure and recognition for signing a former G-Cross rider, Martin can get top dollar for TWO #1 riders instead a #1 & #2 rider...and some other brand will get a shot at #1 Podium spots by picking up Kovarik themselves.

Chris might even have to take less money IF he is leaving Intense, but in turn it may offer him new motivation and/or focus plus different technologies, support, mechanics....all of which could be big boosts for him..or the worst thing for him.

Is Steber probably steamed that his top predator can't cross borders...no doubt. Would he can the guy solely for that reason? Doubt it. Or Palmer would have been history from day 2. Steber is a SUPER nice guy...it's not in his nature.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I'm in agreement. Personally, if I was ever so lucky/skilled/fit/brave enough to be a professional athlete, I'd happily take a pay cut to represent sponsors that perform better / have more brand appeal / provide a better chance of publicity.

Maybe the likes of Peaty and Rennie should stop taking Kenda $$$ and start paying for Maxxis rubber if they want to ride them so much....assuming they get paid by Kenda of course.
Sometimes teams go with certain sponsors because in addition to product they give cash. And it takes money to send racers around the country or world to race. Without it they may not be able to do so. Sometimes it is a business decision.

JohnnyBoyDH

Monkey
Aug 6, 2003
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I never saw Palmer getting into fist fights (food fights in Ste Anne maybe though...haha). Besides, I don't think Palmer cared too much. He could easily self fund himself if he wanted to. I hope Kovarik can land a new deal, refocus and get back on form as he is a great rider.

As for Matti, great to see the 23 degree's marketing machine getting another rider to step up his game and it's now time for him to enjoy the fruits of his labour. Martin always said he was the most under rated guy out there and he seems like a good dude.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts

Last time I checked nobody had qualms with Palmer being a complete and total rolling detox center since he was getting cover shots and publicity constantly.

You can say Kovarik might get the boot b/c of personality or lack of results...but most likely it is neither.

Deep down, sponsors and riders get tired of sporting 1 image for too long. They crave change, hype, excitement, new blood and/or media hype. Intense can bring in Matti, get exposure and recognition for signing a former G-Cross rider, Martin can get top dollar for TWO #1 riders instead a #1 & #2 rider...and some other brand will get a shot at #1 Podium spots by picking up Kovarik themselves.

Chris might even have to take less money IF he is leaving Intense, but in turn it may offer him new motivation and/or focus plus different technologies, support, mechanics....all of which could be big boosts for him..or the worst thing for him.

Is Steber probably steamed that his top predator can't cross borders...no doubt. Would he can the guy solely for that reason? Doubt it. Or Palmer would have been history from day 2. Steber is a SUPER nice guy...it's not in his nature.

I don't remember not seeing Palmer show up for an international race because of border crossing issues, though.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Sometimes teams go with certain sponsors because in addition to product they give cash. And it takes money to send racers around the country or world to race. Without it they may not be able to do so. Sometimes it is a business decision.

Kenda is a Syndicate sponsor, and that team is much more than just the Peat & Rennie show. and i would hazard a guess they guys who notice they don't run Kenda tires wouldn't buy them anyway.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
I guess, if being really nice involves almost killing one of my best friends at Saint Anne last year.
i'm sure Kovarik just randomly came up to your buddy with no antagonation and decided to kick his ass, right?

thats usually how it goes in so-cal.....nothing is anyones fault, BRAH

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006

Try to explain AC and Cannondale?